S6GP Speed Input Signal To Different Output Signal

e_dale2000

S6GP Speed Input Signal To Different Output Signal

Post by e_dale2000 »

Hi

A quick description so you can understand what im trying to achieve.

I have an R32 GTST Skyline with a 1JZ GTE Conversion, Its running a R154 Manual gearbox with a digital speed output which talks to the S6 and the Toucan which is displaying vehicle speed fine but i want to get my standard dash speed working.

Because Toyota and Nissan run different signal outputs my clocks wont work without a converter such as Dakota Signal Converter, is there an update or something i have missed on the ECU that will allow me to specify a different vehicle speed output signal?

Essentially Toyota into the ECU as it is and an Output for Nissan to work the dash.

I look forward to your comments

Thanks !
stevieturbo

Re: S6GP Speed Input Signal To Different Output Signal

Post by stevieturbo »

e_dale2000 wrote:Hi

A quick description so you can understand what im trying to achieve.

I have an R32 GTST Skyline with a 1JZ GTE Conversion, Its running a R154 Manual gearbox with a digital speed output which talks to the S6 and the Toucan which is displaying vehicle speed fine but i want to get my standard dash speed working.

Because Toyota and Nissan run different signal outputs my clocks wont work without a converter such as Dakota Signal Converter, is there an update or something i have missed on the ECU that will allow me to specify a different vehicle speed output signal?

Essentially Toyota into the ECU as it is and an Output for Nissan to work the dash.

I look forward to your comments

Thanks !
Exactly what sort of signal do your Nissan clocks want ? It isnt normal for the ecu to provide a signal to the clocks for a speedo. But unless you know what sort of signal you need....impossible to say.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I believe you use the trip meter output function and specify how many pulses per metre travelled you want. Assuming the clocks want a 0-12V pulsed signal of course; you may or may not need a pullup resistor to +12V depending on whether the clocks have one incorporated.
e_dale2000

Post by e_dale2000 »

thanks for the responses.

If i remember rightly toyotas signal is wave and Nissans is pulse so i ideally if possible i need a speed output from the ecu that can convert one to the other if its possible?

either that or the Dakota signal converter should adjust the signal for the clock speedo to work but seems pointless to get one if the ECU is capable...
e_dale2000

Post by e_dale2000 »

TimH wrote:I believe you use the trip meter output function and specify how many pulses per metre travelled you want. Assuming the clocks want a 0-12V pulsed signal of course; you may or may not need a pullup resistor to +12V depending on whether the clocks have one incorporated.
thanks for that Tim ill let my mapper know and hopefully he can make that work!
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

If the ECU is giving a correct measure of speed, then the sensor side of things is sorted.

If your clocks need a pulse signal, then the trip meter output is what you need.

If they need a "wave" (sinewave?) then you could have a problem; but you may find a pulse output works anyway.
e_dale2000

Post by e_dale2000 »

my mappers just told me that Nissan is sinusoidal...
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

In which case advice from Syvecs tech support would be useful here.
e_dale2000

Post by e_dale2000 »

yeah figured as much....

Martin said there may be an update being worked on he wasn't sure so thought id get the ball rolling.

Hopefully someone from technical will answer with some voodoo knowledge for me
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Jaycar make a speedo corrector which I'm sure can offer different outputs as well as adjusting pulse count. It isnt expensive