L2H2 wideband software setup?

legacygtb

L2H2 wideband software setup?

Post by legacygtb »

Can anyone help .... Pat?

Ive connected and wired an L2H2 as per the pinouts page, and after speaking to Chy he implied theres a process within Scal to set it up and get the channel working.

All help appreciated.

Cheers
Will
legacygtb

Re: L2H2 wideband software setup?

Post by legacygtb »

Anyone?

More info on connecting the L2H2.

"Wire colours for the L2H2 wiring are :

Yellow Heater +12V
Blue Heater Drive from ECU
Black Signal Ground to LAMGND
Grey Nernst Cell Voltage to LAMV
White Ion Pump Current to LAMI"

And from the s6 pinout guide

"UEGO LAMBDA :

Pin 1 - LAM V (Nernst Cell Voltage)
Pin 2 - LAM I (Ion Pump Current)
Pin 3 - LAM GND (Cell Ground)
Pin 4 - VBAT (Heater +)
Pin 5 - INJ* (Heater -)
Pin 6 - PWRGND"

We did a check on the auxilary input connector next to the lambda input, and by locating the 5v, 12v and ground it confirmed the connector is numbered looking into the wired connector(male) not into the connector on the ecu (female). Hence on the ECU connector, 1 is top right ..... can you confirm this please?

Im connected as follows ...... now just need to know how to activate the channel in scal.

Pin 1 - LAM V (Nernst Cell Voltage) ------------->Grey Nernst Cell Voltage to LAMV

Pin 2 - LAM I (Ion Pump Current)---------------->White Ion Pump Current to LAMI

Pin 3 - LAM GND (Cell Ground)------------------->Black Signal Ground to LAMGND

Pin 4 - VBAT (Heater +)--------------------------->Yellow Heater +12V

Pin 5 - INJ* (Heater -)----------------------------->Blue Heater Drive from ECU

Pin 6 - PWRGND"----------------------> not connected!
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Will,

The pins are numbered from the bottom right, as indicated on the plugs. The 12 pin plug has numbers on every pin, but the 6 pin plug only has No. 1 labelled.... Pin 3 is bottom left, 4 top right, 6 top left.

Once wired correctly you'll need to configure the ECU. In the I/O config select LAMBDAV as the input for Lambda Sensor 1, then in the Sensor section under Lambda Sensor 1 set the input configuration to UEGO, and the Sensor Type as WIDEBAND UEGO. Finally you'll need to check that the linearisation curve is correct, it should look a little like a 1/X curve, if it's a straight line then it is not for the UEGO and you need to change it. To do so, open another copy of SCal and use File -> New to create a blank calibration, then go into the Sensors -> Lambda Sensor 1 -> Linearisation section, Select -> All and copy (Ctrl-C), swap back to your calibration and in the same section Select -> All, then paste (Ctrl-V).

You'll also need to configure the heater drive. Go to the Output Functions -> Lambda Heaters section and set the drive voltage to 10.7V everywhere.

Finally, program the ECU (Device -> Program). When it restarts you should find that your lam1 reading will drop, then shoot up as the sensor heats up.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
legacygtb

Post by legacygtb »

The pins are numbered from the bottom right, as indicated on the plugs. The 12 pin plug has numbers on every pin, but the 6 pin plug only has No. 1 labelled.... Pin 3 is bottom left, 4 top right, 6 top left.

Cheers Pat, connector figured out! Upshot is though, havent got another connector or enough tynes to attatch the connector properly ..... have bodged the exiting one on for now to try and get it working, but the 'grey nernst voltage' showed a pretty high resistance so obviously isnt too healthy ..... whos best to speak to to get another 6 pin connector and some tynes while chys away?

Once wired correctly you'll need to configure the ECU. In the I/O config select LAMBDAV as the input for Lambda Sensor 1,

Nay worries.

then in the Sensor section under Lambda Sensor 1 set the input configuration to UEGO, and the Sensor Type as WIDEBAND UEGO.

Right, this bits a problem! In the lambda sensor 1 part of the sensors drop down i cant change anything????? I get to a graph that shows switchable lambda and wideband lambda with a green horizontal line coming from the switchable, but cant see a way to change the settings. Rather than forum tennis, might it be an idea to arrange a tme for a phone call to walk me through it? Once i get this sorted i can move on to the rest.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Will,

Please feel free to PM me your address and I'll send out the replacement bits you need. With regard to high resistance at the nernst cell that's normal for a cold sensor, you're looking "into" a battery that's "flat"... let's just see what happens when it is hot!

Regarding the selection of the correct sensor type you're obviously in the right screen but not adventurous enough, LOL. You can change the setting as you would in any other screen, hit Enter for direct entry, you'll then be presented with a menu of possible options which you can scroll through and select by hitting enter again. Alternatively it should also be possible to use the plus and minus buttons to scroll through the possible options without bringing up the menu.

Hope this helps,

Pat.