Throttle calibration

stevieturbo

Re: Throttle calibration

Post by stevieturbo »

scott wrote:Here is a link to my setup/install etc for anything I've missed.

And here is a link to the basic manual

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=322

Ryan also has some very helpful videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XxnBne8lUw
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Here's a really crappy video showing how to set the TPS. This is only one aspect however, there are various settings within the map itself that relate to the base open/closed values too which will need looked at.

You dont have to use the specific values Ive used, that's entirely up to whoever will be mapping the car too.

In short..if you dont understand these, get someone in who does. There is only so much that can be done remotely, and this still assumes installation/wiring is correct.

Ignore the fact any captions might be completely out of sync, Ive never made a video like that before.

Similar approach applies for other sensors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agm0LFl ... e=youtu.be

But there could be a dozen problems with the setup you have as to why it isnt running correctly. The most sensible way to resolve it is to get someone in.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

If you want someone like me to sit here and write what you need it's hours of work and I do this for a living.

Do you even know how to use the software?
Have you read the basic manual?

You will need to know how to add gauges to check values, or go into the sensor menu. Seriously if you want this done, and Ryan is mapping your car, speak to him on the phone, hours of writing here could be solved in a few minutes on the phone.

You may think this is about not giving free help or whatever, but really your needs are so broad the the potential errors or problems so vast, it's hard to know where to start.

Speak to someone on the phone.
scott

Post by scott »

stevieturbo wrote:Here's a really crappy video showing how to set the TPS. This is only one aspect however, there are various settings within the map itself that relate to the base open/closed values too which will need looked at.

You dont have to use the specific values Ive used, that's entirely up to whoever will be mapping the car too.

In short..if you dont understand these, get someone in who does. There is only so much that can be done remotely, and this still assumes installation/wiring is correct.

Ignore the fact any captions might be completely out of sync, Ive never made a video like that before.

Similar approach applies for other sensors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agm0LFl ... e=youtu.be

But there could be a dozen problems with the setup you have as to why it isnt running correctly. The most sensible way to resolve it is to get someone in.
That was ideal, thanks very much for that. Gives me something to start with, and yes... understood it perfectly :)
scott

Post by scott »

pavlo wrote:If you want someone like me to sit here and write what you need it's hours of work and I do this for a living.

Do you even know how to use the software?
Have you read the basic manual?

You will need to know how to add gauges to check values, or go into the sensor menu. Seriously if you want this done, and Ryan is mapping your car, speak to him on the phone, hours of writing here could be solved in a few minutes on the phone.

You may think this is about not giving free help or whatever, but really your needs are so broad the the potential errors or problems so vast, it's hard to know where to start.

Speak to someone on the phone.
I'm not looking to sit and map the car, I just needed some hints to get me on the path to calibrating the sensors and making sure they are functioning properly. As I said, I don't want to waste Ryan's time when there could be faults, or improper setup. I want to get all that checked to the best of my ability, and be able to move the car a little, so that he can then do it all properly.

With the above help I have an idea what I'm doing now.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

scott wrote:
The problem is...that too can be a dangerous thing.

As the manuals say, they do expect some level of competence from the reader in order to make use of them.
scott

Post by scott »

stevieturbo wrote:
scott wrote:
The problem is...that too can be a dangerous thing.

As the manuals say, they do expect some level of competence from the reader in order to make use of them.
To be fair I am trying to gain competence. I'm an Engineer by trade, I was a calibrator for 4 years and a basic electrical engineer on standby for the test cells in work (we test aero engines).

I'm not crazy enough to jump in gun-ho assuming to know what I'm doing so I thought I would ask for guidance on here. At the other end though, I'm fairly competent with all things mechanical, electrical and computer orientated. All I needed was a basic understanding of what to do once in the cal screen.

Thanks to your video tutorial I have now got the accelerator calibrated and working to a level where I can potentially move the car. It's a little rough but the AFR is reading safe so I'm happy that I'll be able to move the car a few yards without anything going on me. I'm going to look through all the other sensors I have attached to make sure that they are working as I would expect, then it'll just be a case of getting the car finished.... ish... before giving Ryan a call to map it remotely.

Got there in the end.

Thanks