NTK L2H2 vs. LC-1 w/ LSU 7200 differences

Jasper K

NTK L2H2 vs. LC-1 w/ LSU 7200 differences

Post by Jasper K »

Dear Syvecs Users/Pat,

I have received NTK sensors from Charlie and have connected one directly to the Syvecs S6GP that I run. After getting it up and running I did some runs with NTK sensor mounted in the Bellmouth of the downpipe and the LC-1 w/ LSU 7200 sensor (that I used to map the car) in the Rear O2 sensor position on the downpipe. The readings between the 2 differ way too much for my liking. I have included a LOG file and would be happy for all suggestions/comments.

Calculating AFRs based on Injector size and IDCs also makes the AFR I get from the LC-1 much more likely. I could ofcourse alter the NTK calibration but assuming this is the calibration that should basically work I think maybe something else is wrong.

Car specs:

2006 WRX w/ OE engine
TD06-20G 8cm2 @ 1.3 Bar boost
ID1000 injectors @ 3.5Bar static pressure

Cheers,

Jasper.
Attachments
2011-05-04 18-13-45 S6#0315.SD
NTK vs. LSU logfile
(341.84 KiB) Downloaded 770 times
secure

Re: NTK L2H2 vs. LC-1 w/ LSU 7200 differences

Post by secure »

I have run both sensors at the center pipe.

NTK 24300;
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produc ... cts_id/580
versus
Zeitronix ZT2
http://www.zeitronix.com/

The difference for me was 0.1-3 Petrol AFR. According to your log file you have too much differences which is not acceptable. I have no sugggestion at this time but you may want to mount NTK to center pipe rather than bellmouth and see what happens.

cheers
Jasper K

Post by Jasper K »

Hi there!

I appreciate your comment. However I have ran the LSU at the bellmouth and saw no changes vs. running it in the center pipe. I just think the NTK calibration is waayy off which is a bit unpleasant as I expected it to be quite accurate with the appropriate linearisation. I guess I am wrong though.

I will most likely hook up another NTK or SARD (NTK) standalone wbO2 system and log Lam2 with the correct linearisation for each external wbO2 and with that data I will make a new L2H2 curve which I believe should be spot on after that.

Jasper.
EMS

Post by EMS »

Has the cause for the variation been found already?
Jasper K

Post by Jasper K »

Mark,

Yes everything is sorted now. The LATER NTK sensors supplied by Syvecs (Charlie) need a different linearisation than the earlier ones.
After setting up the new linearisation which should apply to probably all sensors from 2011+ gotten from Charlie it works a charm.

All credit however goes to Ryan G @ Syvecs from spending all the time to setup a new linearisation with calibrated gas!! Thanks Buddy!

I have confirmed the new linearisation with 2 other standalone wbO2 kits with NTK sensors (SARD and AF-Meter) to see how it compared but it's spot on.

Cheers,

Jasper Kopinga
CS Racing
Taiwan.
EMS

Post by EMS »

Hello Jasper,

O.K. Thanks. Good to know!

Mark.