Can anybody identify this MAP sensor?

stevieturbo

Re: Can anybody identify this MAP sensor?

Post by stevieturbo »

KOEO, reading should be around 1000mbar at sea level. So that sounds correct.

Your idle reading also sounds fairly correct/sensible. So it does seem whoever calibrated the thing first time around, has calibrated the sensor correctly, for how it was installed at that time.

Again, run your tests with the Mityvac and pressure source and confirm. If all the readings on your mechanical gauge marry up with what you see on the ecu, than all is good.

Just calibrate your sensor off the 5v reference for correct readings, and again all will be well. No further tuning should be needed.
MC_Bob

Post by MC_Bob »

Thanks mate. Will do and see how it goes.
MC_Bob

Post by MC_Bob »

Thought Id let everyone know. Car drives completely 500% better. On throttle response is better and way way smoother.Thanks for the help!
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Result!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

MC_Bob wrote:Thought Id let everyone know. Car drives completely 500% better. On throttle response is better and way way smoother.Thanks for the help!
With no other changes than these wiring changes ?

If it has made that much difference, then it really would be wise to check all fuelling etc is ok.

Although no idea what effect running the map sensor the way it was would actually have, but I'd think it should have given stable readings ?
MC_Bob

Post by MC_Bob »

Yes. I never graphed it under actual use. I can only guess the result had feedback or noise on the line.