2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Jackstrath

Re: 2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Post by Jackstrath »

looms made, will wait untill i have the pedal mounted and the intake back before finalising cable lenghts

ImageUntitled by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

So got the intake mani back now with modded TB

So ran the wires to that just now have to wire it all up!

Got the throttle pedal mounted up and wired in, did the calibrations in Scal easy enough, one thing tho iv got the pedal pos A & B backwards in Scal, the A is the half voltage reading and B is the 0-5v reading, im prob just going to swap the pins config around in scal, not sure if that would cause any issue ? just following the help video it says it should be the other way around!

Away back out the country now so the TB will have to wait.

Question i have now though is what does everyone use to mount the ecu's? i was currently using tie wraps but iv decided its not a long term fixing and really want to use something else to mount the ecu. Any pics or ideas of what i could use?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

cable ties, velcro...whatever really lol.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Ok so everything is wired as per this :
Jackstrath wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm ImageECU DBW setup rev 2 by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr
So i have got the Throttle pedal working and showing movement on Scal,

Went to assign pins TPS 1 ad TPS 2

TPS1 went to AV1 (where the original cable TPS sensor was) assigned TPS1A and then i put TPS2 in AR1 (which was a 2nd coolant temp sensor *i removed the pin from this) assigned TPS1B

Went to program and get an error, says (from bottom to time stamp)
***boot code assuming control***
TPS1B: pin does not support the required input of configuration?

Anyone know why it says AR1 cant be used ?

I havent programed in the H bridge yet, under pin assignments what do i put ? im assuming its going to be Outputs: Drive by wire 1 ?

Thanks
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

ok

So im thinking (dangerous i know!) that AR1 cant be used for DBW

im input short so the only other one that i think will work for the DBW would be AU3 - now i had wanted this to be for my flex fuel,

I currently have my clutch switch wired to AU4, could it be moved to AR1 and still work fine ? i think that sems to be the most logical thing to do ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

You can use an AR input...you probably have it set to a 5V type which the AR input can't support, hence it complaining.

The linearisation will be a little odd, but it's no big deal.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

TimH wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm You can use an AR input...you probably have it set to a 5V type which the AR input can't support, hence it complaining.

The linearisation will be a little odd, but it's no big deal.
i watched the video but cant seem to see what i should have it set to tim?

It is currently set to 5v, but so is TPS1? lol not sure what i should set them as? thermistor?

PS tim, thanks for your email back :)
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

ok set to thermistor and everything is happy again,

But now, i have went to go calibrate the TPS1A and its moving backwards on the scale?
Ie closed it showing 75% open (4v's) and when i open its showing 5% closed(1v)?

TSP1B is fine (shut (1v) and open (4v)

IGNORE, i was being stuipd, iv forgot the scale doesnt have to go from left to right up haha(just off nightshift)
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Ok,

So PPS and TBP all calibrated and seem to be reading fine,

Following the video, my next stuck point is where you assign the DBW 1 pin, on the video he is able to select H Bridge , i cant ?

Iv tryed setting it to the IGN5 pin that my H Bridge is connected to but that doesnt seem to work

im assuming i need to enable H Bridge or at very minimum tell the ecu what Pin that is but i cant seem to find it anywhere?
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Ok, set it to low bridge and it now seems to be on the right track, sadly its now flashing device error and " outputs - Drive by wire 1 position failure" :lol: time to give up i think haha! will be something iv missed so will talk to my mapper and see if he can help