S6GP ethernet to Windows 10 laptop

markssupra

S6GP ethernet to Windows 10 laptop

Post by markssupra »

Hi all, I have installed the latest version of the software onto my Dell inspiron 15 7000 with windows 10 and cannot connect to the ecu. I have changed the settings for the ethernet port to not sleep but still no luck.
Everytime time I search for the ecu in Scal it just says no devices found.
No idea what to try next, only to check my ecu has power as this is the first time the ecu has been powered up after the rebuild, although everything else is working fine.
Attachments
snetserver.png
snetserver.png (71.06 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
secure

Re: S6GP ethernet to Windows 10 laptop

Post by secure »

I'm having the same error for the new software.

When installing it says can not install ethernet drivers.

Tried run as administrator with no go.
Compatibility windows 7..no
Also activated built-in elevated admin account for full access admin rights. No go..

It seems the software is installed but not tried to connect the ecu yet.. I'll update this.
markssupra

Post by markssupra »

Thanks for the reply, my problem may be related to not having a 12v switched ignition feed to the ecu! Once I get this sorted I'll try again.
secure

Post by secure »

Even though the ethernet driver was not installed the software connected to the ECU without any problem. Once you power up the ecu i think your ethernet controller will connect to the ecu as well.
Horto22

Post by Horto22 »

Hi I’ve just had a S7+ installed in my E46m3 and are heading to track next weekend but cannot get laptop to connect to the ecu. I’m having same issue, wher on installing software suite het msg that ethernet drives fail to install, and cannot connect to ecu. Have tried 2 different laptops. 1-win10 and 1-win11.

Can anyone help with how to get Ethernet drives installed or other solution to get laptop to connect?

Cheers Horto
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It seems to be a bit of a problem.

When mine will not connect ( it applies wired or wireless )

I just re-install SSuite and it works again. Just annoying to have to re-install multiple times.

There probably is another way, but this works for me
littlefella

Post by littlefella »

Have you allowed SCAL/SCFG and other programs through the firewall?? You can test by switching off the firewalls (switch all off).