Input / Output expander

TLicense

Input / Output expander

Post by TLicense »

I've just been generating a list of inputs and outputs that I'd like to employ to take advantage of some of the additional features available with the S6.

The problem is I've got to over 20 inputs I'd like to use, not including things like crank / camshaft / MAP / EGT / WBO2 / Coolant temp / TPS.

So my question is, is it possible to expand the number of inputs / outputs?

Cheers,
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Re: Input / Output expander

Post by Charlie »

Its being looked at Tony, but the simplest solution is to buy an S8C. :)
TLicense

Post by TLicense »

Cheers Charlie,

I'll have a chat with Ryan to see what the difference in retail is on them ;)
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Tony,

Just spotted this, sorry I didn't pick up on it earlier.

The S6GP/PnP is a high performance engine control system targeted at replacing the OEM management whilst offering advanced engine control strategies not normally present. It is not designed as a powertrain control solution or indeed a datalogging system, therefore the number of inputs is appropriate to the intended market. As Charlie has already said, the S8 is the one to go for if you're after doing something outside the scope of the S6, it has a higher I/O complement to start with and can accommodate further I/O using the slave facility; there is presently a limit on I/O but I know of noone that has ever needed all 72 input and 72 output channels :D But please be aware that, like the S6, the S8 is a control system not a datalogger and therefore has a lower defined sensor count compared to a dedicated logging setup; ie you cannot define 12 EGT inputs, but you can log the raw information and use SView to display human readable data using math functions.... that is to say that if you had 12 0-5V thermocouple amplifiers connected to SLAVE2/AN01-SLAVE2/AN12 you could log those voltages and if you knew you had 250 degrees C per volt you could use a math function like s_egt12 = (s2an12 * 250) in SView to see real EGTs despite there not being a defined egt12 parameter, if that makes sense ?

Cheers,

Pat.
TLicense

Post by TLicense »

Gotcha 8-)