FlexFuel sensors

TimH
JT Innovations

FlexFuel sensors

Post by TimH »

FYI we have flex fuel sensors in stock, complete with 1.5m or 4m cables (engine bay mounting vs. boot mounting) and available with or without -6 fittings.

These are a great addition for any car running meth or ethanol fuel mixes as you no longer have to accurately mix fuel at the pump - the Syvecs flex strategy will interpolate between a pump fuel and a methanol/ethanol map seamlessly.

Contact us for prices.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: FlexFuel sensors

Post by pavlo »

Is the General forum okay for pimping stuff?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Well...this is the JTi section of the forum so I assume it's OK. If not, I'm sure I'll get told.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

aaaah i just saw the "general" !

Carry on!

Do you have them in stock ready to send?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

pavlo wrote:aaaah i just saw the "general" !
No problem :)
pavlo wrote:Do you have them in stock ready to send?
Absolutely 8-)
CHRIS S

Post by CHRIS S »

When i drain the tank and put pump fuel in after an event,

will this automatically adjust the mixture or swap maps?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

CHRIS S wrote:When i drain the tank and put pump fuel in after an event, will this automatically adjust the mixture or swap maps?
It measures alcohol content - so if you're swapping between race fuel and pump fuel, or even 95RON and 98/99RON then it won't "flex" properly, as I understand it.

The methodology is to map using your base pump fuel, then map with pump fuel + x% alcohol and setup the Syvecs strategy so it "flexes" between those two maps.

As an example, my own car was mapped on VPower, then on Vpower+15% methanol. As long as I don't ever exceed a 15% mix, the sensor and the Syvecs strategy mean I don't have to be overly accurate when adding methanol to the fuel.
CHRIS S

Post by CHRIS S »

Hi Tim
What I was getting at is I Race the Car on VPC85 then after the event I drain it and run pump fuel threw the motor and injectors ect

Will it automatically adjust the fueling?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

CHRIS S wrote:Hi Tim
What I was getting at is I Race the Car on VPC85 then after the event I drain it and run pump fuel threw the motor and injectors ect

Will it automatically adjust the fueling?
If the ecu has been tuned correctly, then yes it should allow you to run pump through the E85 fuel without you making changes at the time.