(x/1000)+0

You could use the following calc to convert into AFR :-

x*0.0147

I have not tested these myself but they should get you pretty close :D
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
speedjunkie

Re: Syvecs iPhone / iPad App Chat

Post by speedjunkie »

Wez wrote:OK looking at a MAP value the default is in mBar like all pressure readings, the default calc is :-

(1*x)+0 which is basically just x

To convert to PSI one mBar is equal to 0.0145037738, I would round this up to 0.0145 and use the following calc :-

x*0.0145

To convert to BAR use x*0.001, or if you want KPA you could use x*0.1
Wez wrote:To convert Lambda to AFR :)

The current calc for displaying Lambda is shown below as per sCal :-

(x/1000)+0

You could use the following calc to convert into AFR :-

x*0.0147

I have not tested these myself but they should get you pretty close :D
Thanks!
For these two I input (0.0145*x)+0 and (x*0.0147)+0, or should I have input them EXACTLY as you did, just x*0.0145 and x*0.0147 by itself?

Any thoughts yet on KPH to MPH? Something I thought of earlier too, do I need to change these calculations in the ECU so they match up with the app, or is switching them in the app alone sufficient? Also, is there an option I can use to view a boost gauge? Thanks!
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

The app runs separate from the ECU, the datastream output is always the same unit regardless what unit you display within sCal, you can see this at the top of the datastream frame content window, the calc does not change even you select another unit type.

As for your other questions, I would try the calcs just as I showed them, the +0 I don't think is achieving anything apart from unnecessary processing.

For KPH into MPH, sCal shows vehicleSpeed calc is as below and output unit is KPH :-

(0.036*x)+0

According to Google the great the conversion of KPH into MPH is KPH * 0.621371, therefore you could do (0.036*x)*0.621371 but it looks messy.

You could also do this :-

x/45 which gets you damn close, see below calcs :-

Example 1 x = 1000 (raw value)
(0.036*1000)+0 = 36 KPH
36KPH * 0.621371 = 22MPH
1000 / 45 = 22MPH

Example 2 x = 2300 (raw value)
(0.036*2300)+0 = 83 KPH
83KPH * 0.621371 = 51MPH
2300 / 45 = 51MPH

I would try with the very basic calc of x/45 and see how that looks :D

Again this is untested but should be OK, let me know how you get on :D
Tuscan_John

Post by Tuscan_John »

Hi Wez, do you know whether the app works on an iPhone running IOS9? I had to upgrade my iPhone 5 and now a bunch of stuff including the Syvecs app has stopped working.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Tuscan_John wrote:Hi Wez, do you know whether the app works on an iPhone running IOS9? I had to upgrade my iPhone 5 and now a bunch of stuff including the Syvecs app has stopped working.
It should be fine, I will run through some tests here but not had any other reports of it not working.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

OK I have tested with iOS 9.0.2 on an iPad mini and it fires up and is working as expected for most part.

However it looks like Apple have changed the background processing again so I will get a new release out that fixes that, basically its not detecting background operation, I am guessing this due to Apple implementing split view multi-tasking, I will crack on with some debugging :D
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

The iOS 9 issues are now resolved, I have tested on my iPad Mini running 9.0.2 and all is working, also added full orientation support and fixed a couple of other little bugs I found.

I have submitted to Apple and just waiting for them to check and release the new version for the App Store, iOS 8 devices are still supported by this version too.
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

I've tested a couple of the calculations and I believe they're pretty close. Celcius to Fahrenheit is spot on in the lower temps, but as it goes up the app and my water temp gauge read further and further apart the higher the temp goes. Around 180F it's about 3-4 degrees off, but the fans kick on at 190F according to the app and my gauge reads about 187F, and I believe it's set to 190F in the ECU, so maybe the app is spot on and my SPA Techniques gauge isn't lol. I'm not saying any of this to complain or expecting help to get it exact, I'm just letting you all know what happened.

I used (0.036*x)*0.621371 for converting KPH to MPH only because I want it to be as close as possible, but I haven't tried it yet...and now that I think about it, I seriously doubt I'll be able to tell that much of a difference between the speedo and the app even if I had used x/45.

I'm pretty sure AFR is spot on, but I don't really have a way of telling for certain.

My coolant pressure sensor usually shows around 99psi at idle, but I have no idea to tell if that's correct either haha. I'll have to figure out a way to view boost pressure and then compare that to the boost control setting. I guess that's the only way I'll know for sure.

I picked up a CarPC that runs Android and I downloaded the app. I haven't paired the ECU to it yet, but I did realize that it doesn't have a rotation function so the app stays upright on a landscape screen and doesn't show a whole lot. I'm going to see first if it will even pair and show info, because I can make calls through the stereo using bluetooth, but I can't play music from my phone through the stereo using bluetooth. I'm wondering if that means it won't pair with the ECU to show info, which would negate the whole reason I bought it. In any case, if it will show info from the ECU, do you think there can be a way to get an option of rotating the screen in the final version of the app?
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

speedjunkie wrote:I've tested a couple of the calculations and I believe they're pretty close. ............
The best way to check sensors would be to compare what is displayed in sCal to what you are seeing on the App, it should be the same as long as the calcs are correct.
I picked up a CarPC that runs Android and I downloaded the app. I haven't paired the ECU to it yet, but I did realize that it doesn't have a rotation function so the app stays upright on a landscape screen and doesn't show a whole lot. I'm going to see first if it will even pair and show info, because I can make calls through the stereo using bluetooth, but I can't play music from my phone through the stereo using bluetooth. I'm wondering if that means it won't pair with the ECU to show info, which would negate the whole reason I bought it. In any case, if it will show info from the ECU, do you think there can be a way to get an option of rotating the screen in the final version of the app?
Are you referring to the Android BETA App?

If so it does support rotation and works in all orientations when used on a phone or tablet, do you know what version of Android is running on the CarPC?

Its possible that the CarPC might be presenting the orientation incorrectly, I could look at including a locked landscape setting or maybe roll out a CarPC version, what CarPC are you using?
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: Syvecs iPhone / iPad App - Classic

Post by Wez »

The update for the iPhone / iPad release is now available on AppStore, this fixes the iOS 9 issues :)