Post by Motoka »

I am using custom can and only have one device thanks
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: Syvecs iPhone / iPad App Chat

Post by Wez »

Motoka wrote:I am using custom can and only have one device thanks
OK that should help me narrow it down.

Can you give me the device details, ie iPhone or iPad, which model and what version of iOS its currently running.

Thanks
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

With the iPad app, is there a way to read imperial units instead, for example MPH instead of KPH, Fahrenheit instead of Celcius, etc? I almost get the feeling that could be changed with the calculation, but I could be way off on that.

Also, is that capability on the Android app? I have an iPad mini now and it seems to work pretty well, but I'll be switching to something that runs Android so I can keep the stereo. Thanks!
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

speedjunkie wrote:With the iPad app, is there a way to read imperial units instead, for example MPH instead of KPH, Fahrenheit instead of Celcius, etc? I almost get the feeling that could be changed with the calculation, but I could be way off on that.

Also, is that capability on the Android app? I have an iPad mini now and it seems to work pretty well, but I'll be switching to something that runs Android so I can keep the stereo. Thanks!
Hello, you are spot on, just amend the calculation and labels to suit, the calculations included are what is shown in sCal under the custom can frame content, they are at the top of the window.

When adjusting the calculation be sure to include the x, this is the raw value that the calculation is applied to, if you mess up the calculation it can cause the app to crash when the function is called, a bug on my todo list. If this happens just amend the calc whilst its not connected, ie ECU off so no data is flowing.

Dont forget to click save in the top right, if the setting doesn't appear to be changed kill the app off from background tasks and relaunch.

The new Android / cross platform version does not have the same configuration page, instead you will see options to select units, the calculations and other settings are all built in ;)
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

Wez wrote:
speedjunkie wrote:With the iPad app, is there a way to read imperial units instead, for example MPH instead of KPH, Fahrenheit instead of Celcius, etc? I almost get the feeling that could be changed with the calculation, but I could be way off on that.

Hello, you are spot on, just amend the calculation and labels to suit, the calculations included are what is shown in sCal under the custom can frame content, they are at the top of the window.

When adjusting the calculation be sure to include the x, this is the raw value that the calculation is applied to, if you mess up the calculation it can cause the app to crash when the function is called, a bug on my todo list. If this happens just amend the calc whilst its not connected, ie ECU off so no data is flowing.

Dont forget to click save in the top right, if the setting doesn't appear to be changed kill the app off from background tasks and relaunch.

The new Android / cross platform version does not have the same configuration page, instead you will see options to select units, the calculations and other settings are all built in ;)
I copied the calculations from the custom can frame content like you said and how Chris told me. For example, on sCal it would say y=(1*x)+0, but in the app it would be (1*x)+0. Are you saying I need to put in a value for x? Or do I input it exactly like it's written? I ask this because most of my values were pretty far off today. Although they were reading in Celcius instead of Fahrenheit, etc, I'm pretty sure anyway. So instead of 10 in (x/10)+0, what number would I input to change it to F instead of C? Where do I find the numbers I need to use, is there a list somewhere so I don't have to keep bothering you? This is what my app was reading today...

AFR/Lambda is obviously off. For that I'm using (x/1000)+0 and 2.1.
Air temp 1 is the stock temp sensor placement right before it enters the engine, Air charge temp is the turbo inlet temp, and for those I'm using (x/10)+0 and 3.2.
I have no idea if coolant pressure is reading right or not. For that I'm using (1*x)+0 and 3.2.
I'm on pump gas right now so Ethanol looks right and battery voltage also looks right.
I'm assuming EGTs are reading right, but I don't know the conversion off the top of my head. For those I'm using (x/10)+0 and 4.2.
And I'm not sure why Final Fuel Amount to Sec...is on there because that's not one that I chose. But I'll look into that. Either way, that one doesn't read anything.

And that's fantastic to hear about the Android version...kinda tedious putting in all these values, especially when you're as clueless as I am lol.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

There isnt a list that I am aware of, I guess it might be worth putting one together on here, I will look into it :)

As a quick example, for Celsius into Fahrenheit google shows that 1C is 33.8F so the calculation might look like this :-

Before : (x/10)+0
After : (x/10)*33.8

Or you could have this if you want to reduce the calculation further :-

x*3.38

I have not tried this but would start with something like that, there may even be a better calc ;)

You do not specify a value for "x", this is the raw value from the stream and "x" is used to represent it in the calculation function.
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Just as a quick note, for the conversion you would want to use

Before: (x/10)+0
After: 1.8*(x/10) + 32

for the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit as the function has both a slope and offset so TempF = 1.8*TempC + 32.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

JamesD wrote:Just as a quick note, for the conversion you would want to use

Before: (x/10)+0
After: 1.8*(x/10) + 32

for the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit as the function has both a slope and offset so TempF = 1.8*TempC + 32.
Top stuff, thanks.

Do you have more conversions? I will make a tech sticky that everyone can reference, I will also get it added to the instructions ;)
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

Thanks guys! I get how you figured the conversion for C to F, so I'll take a stab at what to use for converting KPH to MPH and some other conversions, but it probably won't be right since they're completely different lol.

0 mBar = 0psi
1 mBar = 0.014503773801psi
So would the calculation be 0.014503773801*(1*x)+0?

And for KPH to MPH
0.62137119224*(0.036*x)+0?

Or would those be (0.014503773801*x)+0 and (0.62137119224*x)+0 respectively?

So I'm interesting in learning these conversions, or just what I need to put in to change the calculation, either one. And I'm assuming all other calculations don't need a conversion.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

OK looking at a MAP value the default is in mBar like all pressure readings, the default calc is :-

(1*x)+0 which is basically just x

To convert to PSI one mBar is equal to 0.0145037738, I would round this up to 0.0145 and use the following calc :-

x*0.0145

To convert to BAR use x*0.001, or if you want KPA you could use x*0.1