Sensor DB

TimH
JT Innovations

Sensor DB

Post by TimH »

I've been seeing odd behaviour with the Sensor DB.

If I try and load any temperature sensor, I get a message saying "There are no sensors for Temperature" even though there are.

If I then load a CAL with a known good linearisation and save a temperature linearisation out, I can then see it if I try and load it in again for a different sensor. But if I exit SCal, and start it again to create a new CAL, or edit an existing one, again there are apparently no temperature sensors.

Similar was true of pressure sensors, although it was only my previously created linearisations that were missing. When I saved out my known-good linearisations from earlier CALs, this time they do then appear thereafter.

Is something broken, or is there a setting/configuration or whatever that I'm missing, or something else I'm doing wrong?

Using version 2.11.70.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Sensor DB

Post by pat »

Tim,

Using SCal 2.11.70 I connected to a device and went into a temp linearisation then did Linearisation -> Database -> Load and was presented with four options. I chose none. I then adjusted the existing curve and did Linearisation -> Database -> Save and gave it a new name. I then closed SCal. Next I reopened SCal and connected again. I went to a different temperature sensor linearisation and did Linearisation -> Database -> Load and was presented with a list, now of five options and including the one I previously saved.

Next I disconnected from the device and loaded a calibration offline. Again I went into a temperaure linearisation and did Linearisation -> Database -> Load and again I was presented with five options, including the one I had created. It appears as if it works. Next I thought that this was an S8 and you may be using an S6, so I closed SCal, opened it again and loaded an S6 calibration, went to another temperature sensor linearisation and once again tried to load a linearisation and again I was presented with five options, including the one I created.

At this juncture, then, I am unable to replicate the effect you have observed.

Cheers,

Pat.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Thanks for checking Pat.

As I was still seeing the problem, I just reinstalled SSuite and all was well again...

...until I added back in my own "custom" linearisations when it promptly failed again. I have tracked it down to a specific linearisation file for a pressure sensor. The file data that looks OK, but it seems to mess the system up somehow - especially as a pressure sensor stops SCal showing temperature sensors!

It's not a linearisation file I need, so I have deleted it and all is well now.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

you are putting the sensor db files in the "Program Files/Syvecs......" rather than "All users/Shared documents/Syvecs....."?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I've tried both...it seems to read them from Program Files I think? That's the default install location anyway.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Then all seems to be normal. As mentioned in Pat's post, you need to close scal and reopen for it to hoover up any new sensorDB files.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Yep, as I said, it seems to be a rogue db file that I created that causes it to fail: remove the suspect file and all is OK again.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Tim,

Would be interested to have a look at this duff file to see if we can improve the way that bad files are handled....

Cheers,

Pat.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I'll email it to you Pat :)
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Muchas Gracias :)