How Does The Traction Control Work?

Dan

How Does The Traction Control Work?

Post by Dan »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering exactly how the Syvecs TC functions in term of ignition and fuel alterations? I have it set up on my Supra (thanks Ryan ;) and would just like to know a little more about it). My understanding is something along the lines of the ecu monitors the wheel speed sensors (and possibly a lateral G sensor) and is constantly comparing these to certain thresholds. Once the allowable slip has been exceeded then the ecu starts to alter things......

Can anyone tell me what the ecu does from then on? Ryan did give me a brief explanation about retarding timing and reducing fuelling but I don't remember any details unfortunately. In some ways it sounded kind of similar to an antilag type thing but I'm wondering if I have the wrong end of the stick. Is it in any way damaging to the turbo?

Many thanks
Dan
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: How Does The Traction Control Work?

Post by Ryan.g »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13&hilit=traction

The torque reduction is set to pull timing first and then fuel cuts after that to reduce the torque.

The EGT is monitored at all times and if it gets too hot (that is can damage a turbo) fuel cuts kick it to reduce the combustion temps

Ryan
Dan

Re: How Does The Traction Control Work?

Post by Dan »

Thanks Ryan, nice one. I thought I'd remembered reading something about it before :D