Logging to a PC

Andy Blyth

Logging to a PC

Post by Andy Blyth »

Hello!

Are there any plans to implement logging directly on a PC with the Syvecs ECU? I'm currently researching to find a standalone ECU that meets my needs. So far, the Syvecs is the only one that does not offer PC logging! It's quite a weak point in my eyes - especially given the unusually high bandwidth link available.

Cheers

Andy
secure

Re: Logging to a PC

Post by secure »

Hi!
I don't know if you have special plan or requirements but you won't need that really.
1 mb is enough to keep 'enough' data.
The biggest file I have downloaded for 1 session was 535 kb.
If a PC connected to ECU you can still download logs and clear log memory for just one click.

cheers.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Hi Andy

Problem with computer logging is its just not fast enough compared to logging onboard also if a computer freezes or has an issues while you are logging it is lost. In motorsort and high end performance cars this risk of losing the log cant be allowed.

Its just as quick to pull the logs of the unit each time than it would be to do them on the pc

Ryan
Austrian Impreza

Post by Austrian Impreza »

I was only able to log a maximum of 20minutes (415kb), is that really the maximum, or do I have to clear the memory to allow any longer record?
Btw. how many files can it store, is that only restricted by the allowed byte or is there a number of files e.g. 3 files maximum?