Synchronous hpfp control

Gaposgarage

Synchronous hpfp control

Post by Gaposgarage »

As of now the n54 has a async pump but its contoled with a clpwm generic output.

I recently got the s55 hpfp that has a gear driven drive for the pumps cam but, it doesn't turn at a 1:1 or a 2:1 ratio.

Looking in scal it appears on sight that the cam setup is on a 0 to 720 so i assume the hpfp cam needs 720 sync?

I don't know if this is an issue?? This is a huge learning curve for me i must admit.

Hoping someone can help put me in the right direction
beetos

Re: Synchronous hpfp control

Post by beetos »

Hi
Curious to know how you went. My N54 still uses the async pump but I am mapping much differently to the base map and it works good now. Are you converting yours to a sync pump ?
Gaposgarage

Post by Gaposgarage »

i ended up going di delete. ive had it with piezo injectors and almost finished with my n51 head swap, just waiting on cometic to finish the head gasket :arrow:

i considered using an n55 head and seloniod di but once i got the car turned up i started destroying gs6-53bz gear boxes. i think theres better places to spend the money for now. (didnt sell the s55 pumps yet at least :lol: )

some issues i think could need resolutions:
the vac pump sproket drives the hpfp lift cam. its not syncronous with the crank. cant recal exactly what it was but i think that sproket needs 3 more teeth to pull it off and then the oil pump timing chain would need lengthened. cant speak on the chain module but it could need attention aswell.
drewbinsky

Post by drewbinsky »

Gaposgarage wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 am i ended up going di delete. ive had it with piezo injectors and almost finished with my n51 head swap, just waiting on cometic to finish the head gasket :arrow:

i considered using an n55 head and seloniod di but once i got the car turned Tunnel Rush up i started destroying gs6-53bz gear boxes. i think theres better places to spend the money for now. (didnt sell the s55 pumps yet at least :lol: )

some issues i think could need resolutions:
the vac pump sproket drives the hpfp lift cam. its not syncronous with the crank. cant recal exactly what it was but i think that sproket needs 3 more teeth to pull it off and then the oil pump timing chain would need lengthened. cant speak on the chain module but it could need attention aswell.
The S55 HPFP you’re referring to uses a gear-driven cam mechanism. This implies a more direct mechanical linkage between the cam and the pump, which typically requires accurate synchronization with the engine's camshaft to ensure proper timing.