Engine Kick EVO X 3 to 3.5k

tricky1024

Engine Kick EVO X 3 to 3.5k

Post by tricky1024 »

Hi all,

i have had now a long term issue with the EVO X ever since installing the Syvecs PnP ECU, around 3 to 3.5k the engine kicks about, you can hear it in the exhaust popping and feel the car judder, this happened on the standard ecu, car was tuned by Romain who though it was a PNP harness issue, that was RMA'd. New kit does the same, had a new engine built, engine does the same, tuner is suggesting maybe an engine characteristic but i have explained it happened before the build. i have changed to R35 coils and adjusted dwell times for them but the issues remains.

thought it could be the VVT so disabled VVT until 4k but issue remains.

log shows small ignition changes during fractions of seconds but really nothing
fuelling is good

Please could someone shed some light on the best way to log/diagnose what is happening?
stevieturbo

Re: Engine Kick EVO X 3 to 3.5k

Post by stevieturbo »

without some logs nobody here is going to be able to see anything really.

log as much as you can, as fast as you can.

And is it repeatable ? always at those rpm's ? at any load ? specific load ? other ?

"kicks about"

SO you say it was like this on the standard factory ecu, and also now aftermarket ecu ? Is the engine standard ? All standard sensors and triggers ?
tricky1024

Post by tricky1024 »

standard ecu was perfect, only doing since switching to the Syvecs did it on the base map and still doing it after being fully tuned initially on a rolling road and second tune was done on engine dyno.

i have uploaded a log, issue occurs as mentioned 3k to 3.5k at light loads, i cannot see anything obvious at all.

i agree i need to log but not sure what in addition to log, vvt possibly? but i think i ruled that out by setting the enable speed to 4k.

i think im going to enable as much fuel and ignition logging as i can, there must be something changing to cause it
Attachments
2023-05-15 19-48-34 plus 0h00m00s S7#16780.SD
(554.71 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If it is something repeatable, I'd trying to get a log with you driving and it actually doing it.

Obviously that is just a log with you going through gears, normal sort of use.

Try and get a log with it happening a lot, and then you might see some anomalies.

What crank/cam setup is it ? just standard or something else ? Although it doesn't seem to lose sync at any time.

Has base timing been verified as accurate ?
tricky1024

Post by tricky1024 »

so in that log there is a large period of time with the car sat at around 3k, it happened all the time at that point. like ive said i cannot see anything changing that could explain it.

engine is running mostly standard sensors, crank is stroker but runs standard timing wheel, cams are high lift vvt all standard with standard valves and sensors.

but like a say happened on stock engine with Syvecs.

i have today enabled a lot more logging but will not get a chance to drive till the weekend.
i will gather more info and see what i can see.

Cheers for the help
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Maybe I'm looking at a different log, but there's very little time at 3k ?

Lots in the low 2000rpm range ? rarely above 2500rpm unless you're accelerating etc ?

And apart from a pull, nothing sustained in the 3-3500 range ?

As said, check your base ignition timing etc is all good.
tricky1024

Post by tricky1024 »

ill go for a drive at the weekend specifically running around 3k. ill post another with all the new logging once ive done that.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

if you can even say stab the throttle briefly when an event occurs just to give some sort of place to look at on the log then as a reference.

And again, check base ignition timing is correct.
tricky1024

Post by tricky1024 »

i now have a log but its too big to upload, how can i export or extract some of the log?