sync error

For Subaru Technical Chat
garyf

sync error

Post by garyf »

Car is a v4 sti on an s6 pnp, engine not going in to sync, Crank sensor is new, new shielded cable wiring for all speed sensors, voltage on the snyc log maybe looks a little low but Im not sure. I tested the crank and cam with a picoscope and Im getting 90mv for both, cant seem to be able to host the picoscope files, any ideas?
Attachments
test 1.txt
(228.87 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
stevieturbo

Re: sync error

Post by stevieturbo »

What cal file ? That is not a V4 crank/cam

That's new model 01+ triggers.

Waveforms are good and clean. As to whether voltages are "low", depends where you have your low/cranking thresholds set at.
garyf

Post by garyf »

Sorry yeh its all newage in a v4, so G11 I believe, car was running until 6 weeks ago, it just cut at 5000 rpm on a pull and hasnt ran since. I tried altering the cranking thresholds which made no difference, I logged the voltages with the picoscope and the readings are not what I expected, I was expecting volts not mv. I tried another genuine crank sensor which was maybe slightly lower voltage, still no sync.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Not sure if I have a good scope somewhere, would need to check. Unless belt has jumped or something.

But the traces and voltages are fine
garyf

Post by garyf »

Its a picoscope 2204A im using, did think about belt but it looks ok on sync log, one tooth is 15degrees? It did trip around 3 or 4 times prior to it refusing to start, never had the laptop plugged in when it happened, will check the belt, any other ideas, Ive tried various voltages all within the sync log spread.
garyf

Post by garyf »

What about teeth spacing, or is this discounted since its a set g11 patern?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

So you said the engine ran before, and this just happened suddenly one day...

So how long did it actually run for ? And no changes whatsoever had been made ? It just suddenly stopped one day ?

The waveforms are fine....although I do have to say the first tooth just before the double gap is kinda weird

https://rotkee.com/image/cache/catalog/ ... 56x700.png

I wouldn't say yours is quite in sync with the image above, but it's damn close. So that aspect is fine.
garyf

Post by garyf »

Yes it was a daily driver, it cut at 5000rpm on a pull and its never ran since, I initially thought it was just a coil pack wiring issue.

I've made no map changes or physical changes, one thing one of the vvt pulleys is about 4 degrees out when not in closed loop, this may be what your seeing it wasn't an issue on the std cams and has run on the kelfords like this for Over 2yrs. I'm on my phone so will have a look at the strange tooth when I get home, damaged tooth naybe.

The tripping I spoke of started this year, did it 3 or 4 times from Feb to july
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

On that synclog, it doesn't even seem to recognise the crank turning.

Something in your settings is not correct.

how correct it was before, vs now with no changes....odd

But even with the slightly odd tooth trace, that should not prevent it from working as it isn't looking at that part of the trace. Only the falling edge.
garyf

Post by garyf »

I tried flashing on an earlier nap in case there had been some change, made no difference, it was from last October if I remember correctly, Il try again with an earlier one.