S7-I/S7Plus on Saab

BadgerBuddha

S7-I/S7Plus on Saab

Post by BadgerBuddha »

Hey everyone,

Like the title suggest, has anyone tried replacing the standard Trionic 8 ECU with a Syvecs S7 unit? The 9-3 ECUs are out of production and also live in the engine bay so even with mitigation measures, they are a ticking time bomb. Has anyone tried this particular combination?
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: S7-I/S7Plus on Saab

Post by TimH »

I did a custom loom for a customer for an S6 or S8 (can't remember which) so it's definitely do-able...as is any engine on a Syvecs tbh. Only question is whether it uses a loom adapter (depends on availability of ecu header) or is more involved.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Should be pretty straight forward I would think.

But you would of course lose the ion sensing knock control side of the ignition coils. Which is a pity the aftermarket etc haven't bothered with.

I would assume the same coils can still be fired without any issue though
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Just checked. It was actually for a Link G4+ (customer's choice) and I made a loom adapter up using connectors recovered from a faulty Trionic ECU as I couldn't track down new headers (probably very high MOQ even if they were available). It had additional cables for MAP knock and lambda sensors, and the customer had fitted a cam sensor so there was a flying lead for that too.

So, yes, this would be 100% possible on an S7 :geek:
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As the link uses the same ECU connector type, you should be able to repin to suit the syvecs connectors and pinout.

And probably add new for likes of lambda, cal switches etc.