Blip to rev match

Gpro

Blip to rev match

Post by Gpro »

Hi,

I have a supra running an S7 and DBW, I was wondering if it's possible to configure my Syvecs to rev match the next gear down if I am braking and pressing clutch at the same time? and how would I go about setting this up. (don't need great detail, just guide me in the right direction).
ZekeO

Re: Blip to rev match

Post by ZekeO »

Hi.

If you look at the e92 m3 pnp calibration, it might give you some idea. Also there's a YouTube video I think by Syvecs.

Z
Syvecs Ed
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by Syvecs Ed »

Unless you have sensor inputs to let the ECU know where you are going with the gear selector, it wont be possible.

You have the ability on a H pattern box to go from say 5 to 4 or 3 or 2 etc.., and without a sensor on the gearbox the ECU wont know where you are going you wont know what to target the corresponding rpm/gear/vehicle speed ratio engine speed.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Syvecs Ed wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm Unless you have sensor inputs to let the ECU know where you are going with the gear selector, it wont be possible.

You have the ability on a H pattern box to go from say 5 to 4 or 3 or 2 etc.., and without a sensor on the gearbox the ECU wont know where you are going you wont know what to target the corresponding rpm/gear/vehicle speed ratio engine speed.
a generic blip as he said though, based on say low/closed tps/brakes applied and tied into clutch pedal position should be enough info for a blip to occur ? as at least that would be a pretty firm shift down scenario, even if not which gear to.

Or something along those lines.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

On my h pattern I use a brake switch and a clutch switch at the bottom of the clutch pedal, when both are depressed it gives a blip request (input as gear blip direct into ecu but I use a canbus circuit board to save inputs)

Then in gear blip settings you can select how much the throttle opens and for how long, you just have to play around until its right, set the ecu the invoke a rev limit for the next gear and it will hold the rpm and calculate it for the next gear down as long as you have gear ratio settings in for manual shifting

Graeme
MR2 Turbo 5sgte 750hp 527ft/lb Syvecs S6