App + Bluetooth versus Windows tablet

For support and updates on the Syvecs Bluetooth module

Moderator: Wez

rac

App + Bluetooth versus Windows tablet

Post by rac »

I'm looking at using a windows based tablet and wifi for both extending my logging memory via stream to the tablet, and viewing various parameters (SMon), versus using the Bluetooth module with an android app.

The android app and Bluetooth is obviously more aesthetically pleasing so far as gauge data display and would allow me to use my phone as well as a larger tablet + my laptimer is an android based app (but it needs to Bluetooth pair into my GPS receiver). The windows tablet with removable keyboard would allow direct access to Scal and so save me carrying my laptop around to get direct access to the ecu for cal changes.

My main question is can the app live stream log data to the android device as you would do with SData on PC? I need this functionality to expand my logging memory. If it cant do that the app becomes more of a nice to have because I will still need a windows tablet to stream data to.

Which raises another question - is it possible to be streaming data to a windows tablet via wifi, and simultaneously be connected via Bluetooth on an android viewing tablet?

And my last question, is there any chance the performance section would expanded in the future to have lap timing section (like a harry's laptimer) not just the dragy type acceleration tests?

thanks.
stevieturbo

Re: App + Bluetooth versus Windows tablet

Post by stevieturbo »

The BT uses the RS232 output ? so anything that happens elsewhere should operate as normal.

Although as such and it's probably mirroring the CAN output...you're limited to logging those items via it ?

Streaming to SData should be totally independent to either of the above. Never used a tablet for this sort of thing...but I see no reason why both could not be connected

Although streaming to SData needs to be manually started unless you could create some sort of script to make it start logging automatically.
rac

Post by rac »

yeah ok, that makes sense that the app is going to access the custom can frames so its not really a replacement for streaming data but could be set up for most of what I'd realistically need.

I might look into writing that script, that would be great if I could automate SData.
secure

Post by secure »

There is program called Autoit. I use it to get logged datas, to start a stream etc.. It works quite well for me.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

secure wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:07 pm There is program called Autoit. I use it to get logged datas, to start a stream etc.. It works quite well for me.
So you could use it, with a windows device...to automatically stream logging data any time logging becomes active ? Without any user intervention other than powering up the device ?

Sounds excellent.
secure

Post by secure »

Yes you can do it by adding it into starting programs.
You create a script by mouse, keyboard or command script. Its like recording a macro. Autoit converts it into *.exe file. Mine is pinned into start not startup.
rac

Post by rac »

excellent, thanks!