Launch Control Settings

johnfelstead

Re: Launch Control Settings

Post by johnfelstead »

:mrgreen:

Is it even possible to use an analogue sensor for triggering a clutch position function on an S6? The inputs available seem to only allow a switch.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I have a pressure sensor on my own car, and things are not so simple.

It is actually quite a huge variable not just on pedal position, but also how fast/slow the pedal is being moved in either direction.

A linear pot would be a lot more consistent, but not something I bothered to try yet. Using pressure for things that need fine control...nope, just too difficult IMO.

But as the "clutch switch" can be defined based on clutch pressure/position....I would assume it could be used ok with a linear pot ? and is a variable you could play with.

More recently I have added a "wheel" speed sensor onto my propshaft ( well it was there as the regular VSS on my T56 but I never used it before...VR...but seems to pick up fast, might switch to Hall later if it doesn't do what I hope ) as this should pick up "speed...ie movement in the drivetrain to switch to main launch" faster than actual wheel speeds.

Plus annoyingly since I moved my rear wheel speeds to the X10....they just do not seem as reliable as they were with direct to the S8. Hmmmm, methinks the X10 has a few niggles.
The VSS Prop speed trigger is direct to S8.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And you seem correct...I do not see clutch position or pressure in the S6.
johnfelstead

Post by johnfelstead »

stevieturbo wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:18 pm
But as the "clutch switch" can be defined based on clutch pressure/position....I would assume it could be used ok with a linear pot ? and is a variable you could play with.
How would you do that? I cant see it as an option in the S6 software? Or are you suggesting to use the high and low trigger voltages and not a proper pressure sensor linearisation?
johnfelstead

Post by johnfelstead »

stevieturbo wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:21 pm And you seem correct...I do not see clutch position or pressure in the S6.
beat me to it. :mrgreen:
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

buy an S7 or S8 lol
johnfelstead

Post by johnfelstead »

stevieturbo wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:37 pm buy an S7 or S8 lol
:lol: