Traction Control - Momentary Signal to Toggle on/off

Jason Bentley

Traction Control - Momentary Signal to Toggle on/off

Post by Jason Bentley »

Will the S6+ take a signal from a momentary switch? The OEM traction control on/off is a momentary signal. Does anyone know if I can use this to turn my traction controll on and off?

Jason
Jason Bentley

Re: Traction Control - Momentary Signal to Toggle on/off

Post by Jason Bentley »

Bringing this back up, hoping for some help. I would like to use this momentary switch as a "cal witch override", but just for traction control.

1. Anyone know how to setup a momentary signal as an override switch.

2. Can you set up the override to only affect the traction control settings and not the calibration settings?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You can have an independent calibration switch for traction, so any switch settings will only affect traction settings. But it needs to be there and active.

I'm sure others will know better, but I dont think you'll be able to work with a simple momentary switch. But that would allow only a single TC setting anyway ?

Rotary on S6 will allow you 4 TC maps ( or via an up/down switch )
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote:Rotary on S6 will allow you 4 TC maps ( or via an up/down switch )
Isn't it 12 maps?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

TimH wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:Rotary on S6 will allow you 4 TC maps ( or via an up/down switch )
Isn't it 12 maps?
Yep, true...

12 positions allowed, 4 slip target maps
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

stevieturbo wrote:You can have an independent calibration switch for traction, so any switch settings will only affect traction settings. But it needs to be there and active.

I'm sure others will know better, but I dont think you'll be able to work with a simple momentary switch. But that would allow only a single TC setting anyway ?

Rotary on S6 will allow you 4 TC maps ( or via an up/down switch )

Thank you! This helps. Also, I wasn't looking for two separate switches in "Defined Sensors and Trip Setups". :roll: Makes sense now.