Synchronous hpfp control

Gaposgarage

Synchronous hpfp control

Post by Gaposgarage »

As of now the n54 has a async pump but its contoled with a clpwm generic output.

I recently got the s55 hpfp that has a gear driven drive for the pumps cam but, it doesn't turn at a 1:1 or a 2:1 ratio.

Looking in scal it appears on sight that the cam setup is on a 0 to 720 so i assume the hpfp cam needs 720 sync?

I don't know if this is an issue?? This is a huge learning curve for me i must admit.

Hoping someone can help put me in the right direction
beetos

Re: Synchronous hpfp control

Post by beetos »

Hi
Curious to know how you went. My N54 still uses the async pump but I am mapping much differently to the base map and it works good now. Are you converting yours to a sync pump ?
Gaposgarage

Re: Synchronous hpfp control

Post by Gaposgarage »

i ended up going di delete. ive had it with piezo injectors and almost finished with my n51 head swap, just waiting on cometic to finish the head gasket :arrow:

i considered using an n55 head and seloniod di but once i got the car turned up i started destroying gs6-53bz gear boxes. i think theres better places to spend the money for now. (didnt sell the s55 pumps yet at least :lol: )

some issues i think could need resolutions:
the vac pump sproket drives the hpfp lift cam. its not syncronous with the crank. cant recal exactly what it was but i think that sproket needs 3 more teeth to pull it off and then the oil pump timing chain would need lengthened. cant speak on the chain module but it could need attention aswell.