TurboLamik trouble

Gaposgarage

TurboLamik trouble

Post by Gaposgarage »

Quick run down as im short on time this morning.

N54 s7 plus pnp fitted into an e60 535xi for the winter.

Car is di delete, 19t twins, 8hp45 trans controlled by turbo lamik.

First issue was the base map had engtrqlim and cruise on the same slave and wouldn't sync. I removed Cruise I/O as a temp solution.

Next up trqlim trip is constant. The way custom can works on tcu is 0 to 5 volt 2 bytes msb and i can only scale it by max output. No offsets or multipliers. I worked around this by trying to use can c but can only use one arbid because the slave uses the other. But can only get the first bit on can c. Next i set max value on custom can sending to 1 for gear blip and 1 for tq reduction and assigned that to shift cut. Then i put tq reduction tables in tcu to output cut when reductions take place for upshifts.
It's not ideal because the tcu recieves engtq and im just pulling about a 50 percent reduction even when the tcu would have only pulled 90 percent. I tried low load shift cut omitting the rest of the cut strategy but its very rough shifting with 5 percent increments all the way from 0 to 100.

Next big issue im experiencing is rolling anti lag goes to cal 9 and displays 8k rpm on the tach. This rpm output puts awd cars into awd limp. I set the overide map to 7 and solved but not ideally, as we come up to the next issue...

Overide cal is set for als on cal 7. Now when overide is active the tcu is seeing 7k rpm and shifting.

Ive found a way to hijack guages without sending rpm data on can but im not sure how or if i am capable of modifying the pnp slave coms.

To hijack a gauge:
0x6F1, 0x60, 0x05, 0x30, gauge_id, 0x06, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF

To release a gauge:
0x6F1, 0x60, 0x03, 0x30, gauge_id, 0x00, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF

// Gauge IDs
// 0x20 = Speedomter
// 0x21 = Tachometer
// 0x22 = Fuel
// 0x23 = Oil

Ive tested hijacking on pt can and it doesn't interfere with anything else in the car with this method.
I just swapped the 535 tach guage with the 335 guage to get the 8k limiter and have a oil temp gauge instead of consumption. But misplaced my note on the number of motor steps for each rpm.

Not sure if anyone can help lead me to how to make these changes or if i should just email support? Id like to be able to make these changes myself though because i mess around alot