for Stevie - Sti 2002 no sync

jestertiger

for Stevie - Sti 2002 no sync

Post by jestertiger »

after chatting with the Guru Stevie, he wanted the cal and sync logs. so here they are.
im getting a crank and cam signal now in the software, its setup already as a G11 sensor. the software shows it turning, but wont sync and fire.
been through the entire engine bay, checked every connector, all the ground points, added extra ones to be sure.
the owner has been online and has come up with things like "the Bracket of death" and the fact the EML light isnt lit so there must be a fault and since its canbus he can just plug the snapon thing into it.. (the fact im logged into the ECU with a laptop and able to edit it seems to have bypassed him)
hopefully the .Cal and log will shed some light on it.
subaru sync log.txt
(200.66 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
stevieturbo

Re: for Stevie - Sti 2002 no sync

Post by stevieturbo »

you are using an old 6 tooth G10 crank wheel, with the later 01+ cam wheels with two teeth

You have the ecu crank config set for G11, which is the 01+ 36-2-2 crank wheel. Pic example
subaru crank 1.jpg
subaru crank 1.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
Really at this point the best solution is fit the correct crank wheel and you should be good to go.

I'm sure the ecu can be configured to work with the old G10 crank wheel and newer 2 tooth cam wheels easily enough using the manual cam checklist, but whilst yes it is just a software change to do this, the newer wheel with more teeth is simply a better option.
It is not a setup I have run before, and I'm not fully au fait with the crank triggering setup to do remotely, without having it here to actually test any changes I would make. So I cannot change the Cal file to help you.

Whilst it's annoying to have to remove the timing belt etc, I would be doing it and install the correct 36-2-2 wheel. It's just a better wheel.

But your crank and cam triggers themselves are good clean triggers. Just wrong for the ecu config.
stevieturbo

Re: for Stevie - Sti 2002 no sync

Post by stevieturbo »

This is effectively what your sync log should look like ( this is an external scope with other data too )

https://rotkee.com/en/wavebase/good-tim ... model=2113
Subaru 36 tooth scope.png
Subaru 36 tooth scope.png (187.83 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
this is what you have.
jester sync log.jpg
jester sync log.jpg (224.27 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
The Rotkee scope trace above actually helped sort a config.

this file "should" start the engine and run OK with regards the trigger setup.. I have added warnings in the comments, and reduced the rev limit.

DO NOT TAKE THESE CHANGES AS FINAL. THEY ARE HOPEFULLY JUST TO PROVE A RUNNING ENGINE. I DO NOT RECCOMMEND RUNNING THE ENGINE WITH THIS CRANK TRIGGER SETUP AS PREVIOUSLY STATED.

IF IT DOES NOT START AND THE SYNCLOG DOES'NT SHOW GREEN, DO NOT PERSIST WITH IT.