Converting Error Flag Bits to Fault

EOG

Converting Error Flag Bits to Fault

Post by EOG »

I looked in the manual and at the videos, and could not find an explanation on how to convert the error flag number that is produced by the log to the actual error specified by the "error flag items bit assignments".

I do understand how to set the severity by group, but not how to determine what error flag = which fault.

Thanks!
littlefella

Re: Converting Error Flag Bits to Fault

Post by littlefella »

Open you error flag channel in SView, highlight this channel. On the bottom of the screen will be the decode for the channel. In my case it is the channel syncFault See below bottom screenshot.
In brackets is the hex value of each fault, get your trusty Programmer calculator and from there you can see what bits are active for each fault. In this case Tooth Timeout(6) will be bits 1 and 2 active or 0x06h

That should work..
Attachments
bitcalc.png
bitcalc.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 867 times
syncFault.png
syncFault.png (4.92 KiB) Viewed 867 times
EOG

Post by EOG »

@littlefella thank you for looking.

I've attached a screenshot with the cursor on limp mode; error flag is 1024 (lambda 2 in my case) and limp mode shows "sensor warning level".

I'm not seeing the decode like yours, maybe I'm missing where to look. Thanks again for the help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 8.32.49 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 8.32.49 AM.png (112.75 KiB) Viewed 861 times
littlefella

Post by littlefella »

Seems some channels are not in ENUM Can't help sorry, need to ask directly I think, you need a decode document.
thomasfrank

Post by thomasfrank »

EOG wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:06 pm I looked in the manual and at the videos, and could not find an explanation on how to convert the error flag number that is produced by the log to the actual error specified by the "error flag items bit assignments".

I do understand how to set the severity by group, but not how to determine what error flag = which fault. Buckshot Roulette

Thanks!
The error flag may be converted straight into a fault message if your Syvecs system has any diagnostic software available.