Is my Lambda being used?

sri_130a

Is my Lambda being used?

Post by sri_130a »

I'm trying to learn and understand how my ECU and subsequent map has been configured.
The Lambda is narrow band and shows as connected, but I am only 99% sure it isn't being used for corrections in any point in the calibration.

My reasoning, is under: Run-mode Fuelling/Corrections/Closed Loop Lambda/Overall Enable is set to Disabled

with this disabled, I believe the lambda readings are not used to determine any fuelling, no matter what the CAL switch etc is set to.

Is this theory correct? or can it be overridden on an individual basis somewhere else in the config?

Thanks for any help.
stevieturbo

Re: Is my Lambda being used?

Post by stevieturbo »

If it is disabled, then no corrections will be taking place.

I don't even think very many would even try using a narrowband sensor, nor would you want to really.

Get a NTK wideband
sri_130a

Post by sri_130a »

Many thanks for the reply.
CandiceCole

Post by CandiceCole »

it appears that your ECU's closed-loop lambda control is disabled. Closed-loop lambda control uses the lambda readings from the oxygen sensor to make fueling corrections in real-time. With the "Overall Enable" set to "Disabled," it suggests that the lambda readings are not being used to determine fueling corrections.
If you want to find your own entertainment applications, you can refer to the Getmodnow website, which is safe and free.
alihanima

Post by alihanima »

it appears that your ECU's closed-loop lambda control is disabled. Closed-loop lambda control uses the lambda readings from the oxygen sensor to make fueling corrections in real-time. With the "Overall Enable" set to "Disabledbackrooms," it suggests that the lambda readings are not being used to determine fueling corrections.
I also think the lambda index is not being used correctly.
thomasfrank

Post by thomasfrank »

Yes, your theory is correct. In most engine control units,build now gg when the Closed Loop Lambda Overall Enable setting is disabled, it means that the ECU is not using the lambda readings to make fueling corrections.
drewbinsky

Post by drewbinsky »

stevieturbo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:48 pm If it is disabled, then no corrections will be taking place.
that's not my neighbor
I don't even think very many would even try using a narrowband sensor, nor would you want to really.

Get a NTK wideband
When Closed Loop Lambda is disabled, it typically means that the ECU is not actively using the lambda sensor feedback to adjust fueling.