Can receive question for rotary switches wheel speed ect.

Lutek

Can receive question for rotary switches wheel speed ect.

Post by Lutek »

Im wiring now s7+ to the rally car equipped with 3x PMU and Adu From Ecumaster.

Generally communication for me is pretty simple and I have everything I need to receive on adu and pmu side.

As it is rally car I'm short on inputs and mostly everything is received by different devices.

I need to receive 3x wheel speed in s7+ plus 4x rotary switches, handbrake and brake pressures as I'm going to control ACD via syvecs

Handbrake via x can receive simple working
Acd Rotary Switch Simple and working

my struggle is how to receive and convert useful number for brake pressure sensor, Cal select Als select LC select and also from that point useful number for wheel speed.

It looks like in plug and play Ecus it is sent as analog slave but for my application I'm a bit lost

When I use X can receive for those specific applications it shows value of 0,001 v when number is higher than 0

When I assign inputs to received sensors I can get numbers I need that's why When I've done rotary for and and I have some useful data.

Anyone has some input to share how to work around?
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Can receive question for rotary switches wheel speed ect.

Post by TimH »

As a general reply, if you assign X-CAN to a device/sensor then the scaling of the received data should match the format that would be used in the transmit stream.

In the case of a CAL switch I believe that means it will expect 1, 2, 3 etc, rather than the mV equivalent/replication of an electrical CAL switch.