EVO X Idle Stalls

tricky1024

EVO X Idle Stalls

Post by tricky1024 »

Hi all, i have an EVO x, fully built engine, engine has been dyno'd and is running great when on throttle issue is when the car is HOT 80 to 90 degrees the engine at idle will keep stalling, it will idle for maybe a couple of minutes then just stall. got some high lift cams and idle control is reporting active, i cannot view any logs as logging stops.

Warm up idle is perfect no issues, this is just when up to temp.

i have checked and checked idle control but cannot see anything obvious to this, please could anyone suggest what could be happening?

Many thanks.
tricky1024

Re: EVO X Idle Stalls

Post by tricky1024 »

ok, a little more info, i have found a log that shows this happening, and it looks like tpsClosed at idle is OPEN, then changes to CLOSED and car stalls, i now have something to look for, tps1 stays at tpsmin set for idle.

i will look but if anyone has any ideas on this it would speed up the process.
Attachments
2022-10-30 13-19-32 plus 0h00m00s S7#16780.SD
(473.72 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Without logs, nobody can help remotely. And equally it will be more difficult for you to see what is happening. So start logging.

TPS closed, pretty sure this is only used for OR Fuel cut off. It does not mean idle control is not active.

If it says it is active, it is active. Whether that means it is setup and working correctly, is another matter

Has it ever ran correctly ? Is this a new problem, or always been there ?.

You have the car in front of you, and the laptop.....so start looking at and around idle parameters to see what is causing it to stall.

On that log you are recording almost no idle control parameters. It is idling very rich ( although in terms of idle, that may help, although it is very rich ), ignition timing is trying to recover the idle dropping before it stalls.

Whether you have any other form of idle control active, air bypass etc...cannot be seen on that log.
tricky1024

Post by tricky1024 »

thanks for coming back to me.
Yes, the car has run perfectly before but i have now had the engine rebuilt and its configuration is very different, by that i mean large turbo, high lift cams, longer piston stroke, stronger springs for valves etc, etc

i will enable further logging for the idle parameters and see if i can see anything.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Well obviously with that many changes, it needs re-tuned again.
torana

Post by torana »

have you tried upping the idle duty to see if it changes in that temp area, may need more air