Supra loom adapter 4 way connector

markssupra

Supra loom adapter 4 way connector

Post by markssupra »

Hi all, I have a problem with my paddle shift on mkiv Supra.
I am trying to work out which pins on the S6GP are connected to the 4 way connector as I believe there is a connection problem to the S6. My paddle shift works when a passenger presses down on my ecu cover, I have already cut out the 4 way connector and joined the wires from the paddle shift to the S6 loom directly, so I think the problem is in the S6 plug itself. I have the S6 pinouts diagram but without actually pulling the plug off I cannot work out the S6 pin numbers for the 4 way connector apart from a note I have that p20 is 12v that connects to p3 on 4 way plug. Not sure what pins shift up and shift down connect to.
I also have IO expander fitted if that is relavent
Thank you
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Supra loom adapter 4 way connector

Post by TimH »

That 4-way connector was not a standard connector on S6GP MkIV Supra loom connectors, so it sounds like a dealer-specific modification/enhancement perhaps?

If you connect up a laptop to the ECU and run SCal you can take a look at the pin assignments and see what the paddle shift is connected to - you can also use SCal gauges to monitor what's going on to hopefully give you a clue.
markssupra

Post by markssupra »

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply. I may have the wrong ecu but it is an S6 with an io expander and it is one of your loom adapters I purchased through SRD back in 2014/ 2016. I also have a small laminated card that came with the adapter that specifically mentions a 12 way connector and 4 way for paddle shift, so not a modification by SRD.
I did try scal but couldnt find the pin assignments, also didnt want to play to much in case I changed something.
Attachments
20220808_101953.jpg
20220808_101953.jpg (371.7 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Ah, my bad - I didn't check the "Auto" loom adapter schedule before replying here :oops:

Standard pinout of the 4 pin connector when I made them was:

1 (Power Ground) S6 pin 44
2 (Paddle Up) X10 input 1, pin 13
3 (Vbat) S6 pin 20
4 (Paddle Down) X10 input 10, pin 22

Hope this helps.
markssupra

Post by markssupra »

Thanks very much Tim, that does help a lot. It explains why the fault is intermittent as its the expander connector which is just underneath my ecu cover.

If I need to change some pins on the expander connector, I assume you sell them or are they a standard pin?

Thanks again Tim, much appreciated.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

markssupra wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:29 pmIf I need to change some pins on the expander connector, I assume you sell them or are they a standard pin?
No, they are not a standard pin, but I don't have any more I'm afraid. Syvecs should do though.

The X10 connector is a swine to work with. When inserting pins, they often don't go all the way in but the red terminal latching part still clicks home. When you unclick the red part to sort that, the terminals can move as well, making it even worse when you put it all back together. Much swearing ensues!

My guess is that one of the related X10 terminals is not clicked in properly and you will have to fight with the connector!

Unplug the X10 and visually inspect the connector from the mating side and see if you can spot any terminals that look as if they are not in the right place - that will tell you if this is, indeed, the issue.
tommchris

Post by tommchris »

If you can provide more context or details about where or how this connector is used, I'd be happy to try to provide more specific information. Additionally, it may help to consult the manufacturer's documentation or product specifications for the adapter you have in mind to get accurate information on its use and compatibility.
Uno Online