Crimp and pin out tool

GLDN6

Crimp and pin out tool

Post by GLDN6 »

hi Guys,

I would like to sprinkle something in my S8 ECU so I can operate flat shift now I would have to know but what crimp contacts I would need. and which tool I have to use to spit it out again.

Kind regards
stevieturbo

Re: Crimp and pin out tool

Post by stevieturbo »

The bigger ones are JPT pins, not sure on the smaller ones.

Although the JPT has latches on both sides, not sure if it actually needs the proper extraction tool to remove as per S6, as the connector housing doesnt seem to have the option for the normal extraction tool.

Although the pins can be removed from the S8 housing by taking it apart as the creamy coloured bit opens up if you remove it from the main black housing. No tools needed for that route.

But other than that, it looks like a simple thin flat bladed tool should release them

For the S6, this is the tool I used though, and handy for a lot of other terminals, some injector type terminals etc where they use locks on both sides of the pin.

http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... reId=10151

I'm sure your local Syvecs dealer can get you pins though, or Tim @ JTI would be able to supply some.
Attachments
S8 Pins.jpg
S8 Pins.jpg (430.92 KiB) Viewed 14529 times
GLDN6

Post by GLDN6 »

can it be that the little microtimer contacts are?

I have microtimer here but it does not fit everything
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I have no idea what you just said or asked ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

S8 uses microtimer terminal as per Stevie's photo. S6 uses microtimer II (or can be III I believe) terminal.
GLDN6

Post by GLDN6 »

TimH wrote:S8 uses microtimer terminal as per Stevie's photo. S6 uses microtimer II (or can be III I believe) terminal.

Hey
I also have these microtimer but I can not get the tiller in, can it be that I have to unlock the plug somehow?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Once you have the terminal block (the cream-coloured part) separated from the black cover, there is a portion of the block that slides to one side by a few mm. You need to do this to either extract terminals (still needs a tool) or insert them. It's part of the slightly wider section of the housing.
GLDN6

Post by GLDN6 »

TimH wrote:Once you have the terminal block (the cream-coloured part) separated from the black cover, there is a portion of the block that slides to one side by a few mm. You need to do this to either extract terminals (still needs a tool) or insert them. It's part of the slightly wider section of the housing.

I had looked to see if I can unlock it but found nothing there. I'll have a look tomorrow.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If you pop the entire white section out of the black housing, you can release without any special tools...

But bare in mind you're effectively releasing all the pins, so make sure none move that you dont want to move !! lol
GLDN6

Post by GLDN6 »

how would you get the tiller out? do you have a trick?

stevieturbo wrote: But bare in mind you're effectively releasing all the pins, so make sure none move that you dont want to move !! lol
and what do you mean by the sentence?