cal switch and spst switches

stevemoir

cal switch and spst switches

Post by stevemoir »

hey foks getting my syvecs fitted soon and im just after a few answers

with the cal switch i can have upto 8 maps (does 7 and 8 count for anti lag and launch control?)

or will i need seperate switches (i have been looking at spst switches x2 1 for A/L and 1 for LC)

what sort of wiring should i need to achieve this

cheers

steve
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: cal switch and spst switches

Post by pat »

Hiya Steve!

The Cal switch has 8 positions, and for each position you can choose which fuel map, ignition map, boost target etc. In addition to this, if you do not have a dedicated launch control switch you can choose whether or not launch is active on a per-position basis; if you do have a dedicated switch then that gets used in preference. With regard to ALS, you can define which ALS calibration gets used on a per-position basis; if you don't have a dedicated ALS enable switch then the calibration-switch-defined ALS calibration is activated on a per position basis; you'de set the ALS calibration to "None" if you wanted to turn it off. If you do have a switch then the calibration switch just defines which ALS calibration to use when the ALS switch is on.

Not having ALS and Launch switches is costly to calibration switch positions; you'de "lose" one position every time you wanted the same basic setup, but with ALS on or off, or Launch on or off. This may not be a problem per-se, you may not need a multitude of different fuels, different boost targets etc. In that case we can supply a "combination" Calibration switch, this has both the rotary switch AND one or two toggle switches to allow simpler selection of strategies (ie, you'de limit the CAL switch to (say) 4 positions and then have a separate switch that toggles between CAL-14 and CAL5-8, thus allowing simple selection of (say) 4 different boost targets on the rotary and ALS on the toggle (you'de need to define CAL1-4 as having "None" ALS cal and CAL5-8 as having "CAL1" as ALS cal). Whilst this is "wasteful" of calibration switch positions, it does work well if a) you don't need all 8 and/or b) you're low on inputs (think: DBW car with quad VVT).

Wiring wise the calibration switch normally comes in "universal" flavour these days, which allows it to be connected to any spare input. You use just two wires if going to an AR or AU input which have internal pull-ups, or three wires if going to an AB or AV that don't (third wire will then be the +5V pull-up). Switch wise you'de normally go to an AR or AU input, but we recently added the ability to go to an AB or AV input too, you'll need to supply an external pull-up in that case (one wire to +5V, going via a resistor to the input, another wire going from the input to a switch, and the third wire going from the switch to ground).

Hope this helps,

Pat.