Subaru Crank/Cam type

HondaDrag

Re: Subaru Crank/Cam type

Post by HondaDrag »

Thanks for the Link, yes that is something similar we did to fit the sensor.

I tried playing with the position but won`t sync to 720 on G11 alone.

Now i tried to use Manual Cam checklist and I have the Cam raw data at 463.50 463.75 464.00 and 646.50 646.75 647 and i subtract 360 from the middle one.
So i have 103.75 and 286.
From their i got confused as the angles i need to use and checklists, etc

Also i wired an external wideband controller to Lambda2 and when i configured it to 5V input an error went up!!
I have a UEGO in Lambda1 working but i added an other one in Lam2 to log them together for comparison.
What can i do? use another pin?

Thanks
stevieturbo

Re: Subaru Crank/Cam type

Post by stevieturbo »

HondaDrag wrote:Thanks for the Link, yes that is something similar we did to fit the sensor.

I tried playing with the position but won`t sync to 720 on G11 alone.

Now i tried to use Manual Cam checklist and I have the Cam raw data at 463.50 463.75 464.00 and 646.50 646.75 647 and i subtract 360 from the middle one.
So i have 103.75 and 286.
From their i got confused as the angles i need to use and checklists, etc

Also i wired an external wideband controller to Lambda2 and when i configured it to 5V input an error went up!!
I have a UEGO in Lambda1 working but i added an other one in Lam2 to log them together for comparison.
What can i do? use another pin?

Thanks
To configure manual cam checklist, pull all plugs except cyl 1 and do a scope trace of cranking. Then you can see where the 2 cam teeth are relative to cyl1 firing then do your check angles. It's much easier to determine from a visual.

Pats description here of how to configure is quite good.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=583

If you can print the scope trace onto paper you'll see where cyl 1 is as cranking will slow down, and then you can decide where you want your check angles to be ( ie to encompass the two teeth ) and whether both are in the first phase or second phase of the 720 cycle.

I think for external lambdas that's just a regular analogue AN input. Not the dedicated Lambda inputs.