Firmware Ver Vs Map Ver.

John Stevenson

Firmware Ver Vs Map Ver.

Post by John Stevenson »

Just plugged another S8 into my car as the existing one is going back to have an upgrade to support DBW. The firmware in the second S8 is 1.450.1, the original 1.396. I don't appear to be able to apply my 1.396 map to the S8 with the later firmware.

Can anyone help ;) ?

---john---
stevieturbo

Re: Firmware Ver Vs Map Ver.

Post by stevieturbo »

John Stevenson wrote:Just plugged another S8 into my car as the existing one is going back to have an upgrade to support DBW. The firmware in the second S8 is 1.450.1, the original 1.396. I don't appear to be able to apply my 1.396 map to the S8 with the later firmware.

Can anyone help ;) ?

---john---
Easiest option would be to flash the 1.396 firmware into the "new" ecu and load your map as normal ?

Or you'd need to change software version of your 1.396 cal file to the later 1.45 and then load it in ? And your logging config etc
John Stevenson

Post by John Stevenson »

Was hoping not to have to flash mine, wanted to get in the post tomorrow, but you are right Stevie. Will do that and work through the issues it throws up :)

thanks ---john---
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

If you're going to work through the issues of upgrading your CAL to work with later firmware, why bother to have the S8 upgraded to support DBW? The expander you have has the necessary hardware for DBW ;)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

John Stevenson wrote:Was hoping not to have to flash mine, wanted to get in the post tomorrow, but you are right Stevie. Will do that and work through the issues it throws up :)

thanks ---john---

If you flash the new ecu to the same firmware as your current cal file, then there will be no issues. It will just work as it always has done.

If it's borrowed, just save the current cal file and logging config so you can restore it when you're finished.