N/A gear-specific DBW turing

Bikey

N/A gear-specific DBW turing

Post by Bikey »

I've looked through the software but am hoping that someone can confirm - I am have a DBW setup in a normally aspirated emgomg, and for class rules purposes, have a horsepower limit.
I would like to set a different DBW response curve for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear to ensure I am on the HP limit in each gear. DBW tuning by far the preferred method for producing a straight line "dyno" curve. The sanctioning body does dyno test cars in different gears. Let's ignore discussions about the efficacy/reliability of dyno testing for the moment.
Tuning for compliance in 4th gear (a 1:1 trans ratio), leaves power on the table in 5th gear and I want to ensure that I am compliant/maxing out the lower gears.
Can the S8C handle this?

Thanks.
stevieturbo

Re: N/A gear-specific DBW turing

Post by stevieturbo »

There will be others better versed than me to answer.

But you can definitely select different throttle maps via the Cal switch, and also limit blade opening per gear which would limit power. And also reference blade opening against vehicle speed.
All that may be complicated to do what you need though, but it should be possible.

There are the torque limiting features, but no idea if these would do what you need per gear, some of the Syvecs team would be better placed to answer.