Launch control

stevieturbo

Re: Launch control

Post by stevieturbo »

Again it will be entirely up to your tuner.

Assuming there are no restrictions on your ecu in terms of functionality, you can make it do pretty much anything you'd ever want it to for launch, and give you some varying options via the calibration switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scf9NvHYl-E
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

The trouble with sprints is every standing start counts so i can't faff around with zero boost and crap acceleration.

If anyone has any settings they could share I'd appreciate it. I'm at Northampton tomorrow having the paddles configured so that's a good chance to get settings input as i cant tune anything unless they're present with the laptop and dongle.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Grabla66 wrote:The trouble with sprints is every standing start counts so i can't faff around with zero boost and crap acceleration.

If anyone has any settings they could share I'd appreciate it. I'm at Northampton tomorrow having the paddles configured so that's a good chance to get settings input as i cant tune anything unless they're present with the laptop and dongle.

Again this is all down to your tuner. You have the power curves, you know your gearing, you know where it makes boost etc etc so between them and you you will need to decide a suitable launch/boost rpm to target and then decide what sort of ramp rate you want for your gearing ( ie undriven speed vs rpm rise ) or do a time based rpm rise.
Clearly 2000rpm is too low, but equally I'm sure 6000rpm would be too high. So somewhere in the middle. Again you can have multiple options assigned to each calibration switch setting ( or you can have a cal switch dedicated to launch settings )

The system is incredibly flexible.

Of course another option is to give you at least one cal setting where there is no launch control at all and if the launch settings dont work for you, you can go full manual.

Being locked out of the system is going to be the biggest hindrance to getting good launch settings dialled in though
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

The paddle shift was setup on Thursday and we spent a good half hour trying launch control settings out in the empty car park until we reached something that appears to suit the car. I'll try the settings out at croft on Easter Monday.

It looked like it was shot out of a cannon on the final test, and that was on rain tyres not slicks.