KnockWarnLight - how to test

dr_jones

KnockWarnLight - how to test

Post by dr_jones »

Stumped on this one:

I'm trying to configure KnockWarnLight to trigger the knock alarm on my Plex uSDM 102.

KnockWarnLight is set to frame 14, slot 4 of the custom can content.

I'm using y=(1*x)+0 to convert on the plex end.

I'm seeing a value of "0" on the plex when KnockWarnLight is "OFF" on the syvecs end - which I believe is correct but I'd like to test the alarm 'works'

I've tried the (seemingly) obvious method of changing all relevant threshold values on the syvecs to try and get knockwarnlight to trigger to no avail.

Anyone got any clever ideas of how I can (safely) trigger that knockwarnlight to "ON" so I can test if my plex alarm function pick it up?

Cheers - Ed.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: KnockWarnLight - how to test

Post by TimH »

Maybe change the parameter in the datastream to something else with the same values? If it's just a 0 or 1, then use something like a "pit switch" and play with the polarity to get it to change state.
dr_jones

Post by dr_jones »

Ah yes that should do the job! I'll give that a whirl.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

have you turned all the "on" settings for knock detection to low enough values so it will do something ?

ie rpm and map setting as well as the actual noise thresholds.
dr_jones

Post by dr_jones »

I *thought* I had - but did not see anything triggered on the knockwarnlight - logs also confirmed it didn't activate.

The swapping in pitSwitch param to the data stream did prove out the Plex warning 'works' - in theory - I'll likely revisit with knockwarnlight when i get a moment.
T04GTR

Post by T04GTR »

DAVECUSTOM.zip
sdm700 custom pages s8 custom can
(64.27 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
with the smd700, i set it up to alert me when knock ign retard was >2 degrees.. etc etc for all cylinders. so when i knocks i can quickly see if a cylinder is prone.