Rs3 8v.1 czgb - DI injector stuck open issue

Technical Help / Firmwares for the VAG MQB Range - Audi RS3 / TTRS
MasterChief

Rs3 8v.1 czgb - DI injector stuck open issue

Post by MasterChief »

Hi guys.
Have the pnp kit for the rs3 8v.1 engine,
Running stock DI injectors and additional 1700cc Port Injectors.

It’s the second time we have this issue.
One of the DI injectors gets stuck open, and will keep
Flowing fuel as long as there is fuel Pressure in the fuel Line.

This second time it is happening, its with a brand new oem set of injectors , Part number 07K906031L,
That have been on the car just for about 500km.

Injector split is set to around 62 at the max, giving us
A primaries duty cycle of about 65-70% and secondary injectors DC of about 40-45% at full boost.
The car is making around 900-1000 hp on our dyno.

I am wondering if anyone encountered this?
Is it just bad luck happening for a second time, or am I missing something in the tuning?

Is it even possible to damage the injectors in sutch a way,
To get it to stick open - from tuning with syvecs?

Thanks
stevieturbo

Re: Rs3 8v.1 czgb - DI injector stuck open issue

Post by stevieturbo »

Is it same cylinder or different ?
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Different one. And actually the whole engine was refreshed , new injectors DI and port. New pistons rods everything , as after it happend for the first time , it seemed we had lower compression on that cylinder. And it was an old build that got a lot of abuse. So we thought it’s time for a refresh.

I was thinking whether having the injection duration on the DI injectors set too long , could cause this.
If we inject on the Di for too long it will get into the igntion window and that would cause missfires. The question is, whether something like this could actually damage the injector in this way.

Ordered new injectors. Just not sure what to do to prevent this form happening again.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If different cylinder....that could probably rule out wiring and the injector drivers ?

Does seem odd though
nmerdan

Post by nmerdan »

I'm running it on a CEPA engine and haven't had the issue. Also running the 07K906031L injectors (those are the latest OEM revision), but right now without the port injectors (meaning even higher DC on the DI ones). The lower compression after the first event is probably a bent rod following a hydrolock due to too much fuel in the cylinder.

Do you use split maps or you make the ECU bring in the port injectors based on DI angle (or time) limits? If the latter, what are those limits set to? If you are willing, you can send the calibration and logs (either here or PM) and I'll see if I can spot something.

Found this as well: https://www.focusrs.org/threads/rare-in ... ue.123390/

I'd be curious if it may be a GDI driver configuration issue, where the DI parameters (currents) are not correct and are damaging the injector.
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Hi.
Iam using the split table.
Set so the Di don’t go over about 7ms injection time,
As above this we start getting missfires on these cars.

I’ll send you the file
To take a look at on Monday. Maybe we are missing something.

Thanks.
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

nmerdan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:22 am I'd be curious if it may be a GDI driver configuration issue, where the DI parameters (currents) are not correct and are damaging the injector.

Where can I check this ? GDI driver config ? Voltages?
Although don’t really have something to compare to.
nmerdan

Post by nmerdan »

Based on the documentation (http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/Syvecs_GDI12_Driver.pdf), there is a USB connector inside the GDI driver similar to one seen in the pics here http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/Syvecs_Updater.pdf that can be used to change those values or flash a new firmware. I have never tried that personally as I didn't have to, so I suggest you email support@syvecs.com to see if they have any ideas/advice or if they suggest you check those values (and they will be able to tell you what those should be).
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Well - I actually posted her - hoping to get some help form the support.

Thanks
nmerdan

Post by nmerdan »

I don't think the Syvecs staff reads the forum regularly, but you'll get great support over email as they usually respond in a matter of hours. I can still look over the logs/calibration if you want, see if I can spot anything.