Configuring Rolling Anti Lag

Jason Bentley

Configuring Rolling Anti Lag

Post by Jason Bentley »

Hello,
I see the help videos for launch control and anti lag, but is there any documentation on how to configure rolling anti lag? The controller is an S7.

Jason
Jason Bentley

Re: Configuring Rolling Anti Lag

Post by Jason Bentley »

Thanks, Stevie. I saw that post before I posted. Is everything explained in that post? I'm not understanding how to apply a separate rev limiter when ALS is active.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I dont think you are applying a separate rev limit.

I've never used the feature myself, but as mentioned in the other thread, the pit speed limiter would provide a rpm limit of sorts, if that's the route you wanted. Speed might suit some roll racing where they start close to a preset speed

Or because you're forcing to a different Cal during the rolling ALS setup....you could apply your desired rev limit in that calibration setting
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

Okay, so if I activate Pit Speed Limit maps and ALS maps with the same switch, this should work. Sound right?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As said, it isnt a feature I've used, so not 100% sure what the best way is to configure it all.

Some may want a speed limit, some may not.

The speed limiter alone, if you held full throttle during it, may well offer some sort of boost building on its own ( and you could maybe combine it with some retard etc )

If you didnt want a speed limit, then the ALS with retards/fuel cuts etc may well be sufficient to prevent rpm increases anyway whilst it is active ( and likely also preventing WOT as that may be too much ? )
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

Thanks for your help. I'll be figuring this out over the weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

Jason
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Mine is configured in the ALS by retarding timing during full throttle only and applying fuel cuts. If you use a speed limiter I think that would restrict your use. Mine works in any gear at any speed over 4500rpm

Als cal one is activated when cal overide switch is on, which most people have a button on the steering wheel for, I have a button on my left foot rest next to the clutch which works nicely

Graeme
MR2 Turbo 5sgte 750hp 527ft/lb Syvecs S6