Map & Traction settings saved?

For support and updates on the Syvecs Bluetooth module

Moderator: Wez

scott

Map & Traction settings saved?

Post by scott »

Just a quick question. If I shut down the car in cal 5 and trc 7, when I start the car up will it default back to 1 & 1 or will it keep the previous values?

Just wondering if I can set it and keep the same setting without having to re-connect to bluetooth etc.

Thanks
Piv

Re: Map & Traction settings saved?

Post by Piv »

Hi Scott,

If you haven't got any cal switches and only change map from the bluetooth module then it will go back to 1 and 1
scott

Post by scott »

I do at the moment but unfortunately I don't have any spare inputs so I would need to use the switch ones.
scott

Post by scott »

My main reason for asking is due to the security option of having a "dead" map so that the car won't start. I guess I could just make it the first cal setting though, that would take care of that :D
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Downside of a bluetooth connected "occasional" interface IMHO.

You need - again, IMHO - permanently connected CAL switches or a Dash/Toucan/whatever that will ensure the CAL settings you want are present in all circumstances.
scott

Post by scott »

Thanks Tim, definitely some food for thought then :)
scott

Post by scott »

Just one more thing. Are you saying that I'm better keeping the switches and not using the bluetooth at all, or is there a way to use both at the same time?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It would be one or the other, as ultimately both connect to the analogue voltage inputs on the ecu for control.

Personally I like a switch I can see and change quickly at any time without a second thought and you'll always know what it is set at.

Tim's Cal switch with the numbered rotary dial make this very easy, although there will be various knob/dial options if these didnt suit

http://www.jti.uk.com/product/cal-switches/
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

As already mentioned the current Bluetooth firmware does not record last or allow to set a default cal / trc position, it defaults to 1 on startup / power on.

When Pat has some free time this is something we are looking to address, the idea being that you can set any position as a module startup position for all three outputs available, the hardware has the capability and we have already discussed the logic, just waiting on the implementation ;)
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs