toucan display install advice

absz

toucan display install advice

Post by absz »

I have a toucan display unit V1.40 this was originally purchased for a Link/ViPEC ecu and came with the corresponding harness. I've wired this into my syvecs s6 supra by cutting off the plug and wiring the Hi and Lo canbus wires to the syvecs. I'm unable to get any communication between the units but reading the syvecs user guide it refers to the RS232 wires also.I'm i right in thinking that all 4 wires need to be wired? as i only have the power wires and 2 canbus wires on the toucan connector plug.
stevieturbo

Re: toucan display install advice

Post by stevieturbo »

If you are using CANbus, all you should need is those 2.

The Dash will need configured to read the Syvecs datastream via CAN, and your ecu CAN setup will also need to be configured as the Toucan requires.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Download the User Guide from our website here - it will walk you through how to set it all up.
absz

Post by absz »

I have the syvecs calibration file loaded into Ecu (V1.30 and onwards) software v172 HW 3 on toucan and have tried both syvecs and Rs232 stack options on toucan.If you view settings on toucan were it gives current Software and Hardware details it states Ecu Not Connected,I have tired to reload the software on the toucan display but get a message stating check sum error but once disconnected from laptop and fitted back into vehicle i still have the v172 settings.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

usually only a few reasons why it wouldn't work:

- CAN HI and LO back to front. I would "buzz" the connections from the connector on the Toucan back to the ECU
- Something not set right in the CAL. If you want to email me the CAL I'm happy to take a look.
- Doesn't usually need it, but sometimes the CAN termination on the back of Toucan needs to be switched on
- There were a few hundred S6 units made that had no CANbus. If it's a second hand or older unit it's worth checking the serial number to see if its one of those.

If you want, give me a call in the morning (01305 534535, 9-5pm) and we can run through stuff.
absz

Post by absz »

I'll email the cal file and give you a call tomorrow ;) the unit that i bought from a member was still brand new and not used the harness was for a Link/Vpec 6 pin harness with only 2 wires Canbus Hi -Lo so i'm hoping it has canbus :| i have also switched the canbus termination over to ON back of unit
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Toucan always had CANbus - it's a number of S6 units that don't.

Speak tomorrow :)
absz

Post by absz »

That's a relief as the S6 is brand new i only purchased it 6 months ago :D
absz

Post by absz »

Update

After a phone conversation with Tim I have the toucan connection active with the syvecs :D

On the setting pages I had the Interface selected as Syvecs and even tried RS232 stack. but it should have been selected as CAN1, thanks again for all help guys