Toucan Firmware Release V1.30

TimH
JT Innovations

Toucan Firmware Release V1.30

Post by TimH »

Toucan firmware V1.30 and corresponding new User Guides are available for download now from the JTi website

V1.30 is a significant release with a host of new functionality as follows:
  • Turn display off to avoid distractions by press-and-hold the manual display dim button (all)
  • Adds AFR text to lambda gauge
  • Return to previously viewed large gauge by press-and-hold any gauge on the main screen (all)
  • Flex Fuel gauge (with text in % as well as gauge) (Syvecs)
  • 12,000 rpm gauge as alternative choice to 10,000 rpm gauge (all)
  • PIN protect first CAL added – can selected alone or along with last CAL (e.g. Valet mode aas well as immobiliser mode) (all)
  • Increased sleep timeout when switched live removed – display more likely to remain alive during cranking if wired so that switched live feed is not active during cranking. (all)
  • Injector duty display on Injector Duty large alarm gauge (all)
  • Ignition Knock Retard per cylinder on large knock alarm gauge (Syvecs, AlcaTek)
  • New “list” mode that shows all available parameters as text rather than as a gauge
  • Added wastegate duty and ignition advance to the list display (all).
  • Manual editing of Syvecs CAN frame/slot assignments, especially for vehicles using a CAN bridge or other non-standard CAN definitions. Can be used to disable parameters if not needed (e.g. knock retard on cylinders not present). (Syvecs)
  • Display of current traction control (TC) CAL on the main screen, and ability to name each TC CAL as per main CALs (Syvecs).
  • CANbus control of CAL selection (frees up an input pin) (Syvecs).
  • CAL override to jump directly to a CAL pre-defined in SCal, when using CANbus control of CAL. Selectable on any or all of the 4 pages through the gauge setup screens (Syvecs).
  • ALS on/off from the screen, when using CANbus control (Syvecs - already supported on AlcaTek and MoTeC).
  • CAL output voltage wire will follow TC selection menu rather than CAL selection menu when CANbus control of CAL is enabled (Syvecs).
  • Currently connected ECU shown on “More” pages –also shows if ECU is not connected to assist fault finding (all)
  • 500kbit/s CANbus mode (MBE)
  • Some help pages added
  • Labels on main screen for CAL, ALS and TC now picked from first 5 characters of the entered text rather than hard-coded (all).
  • MoTeC Support. Allows Launch RPM adjustment, LC on/off and ALS map selection and on/off).
  • MBE Support. Allows Launch sector selection. Choice of OBD-II or Superseal connection leads.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Toucan Firmware Release V1.30

Post by TimH »

I neglected to add to the list that the way Toucan deals with Launch Status has changed.

In Toucan versions prior to V1.20, the launch switch indicator was driven by the launch status information from the ECU.

In V1.20, this changed to use the "launch switch" status, but I then discovered that not all vehicle have an actual switch, so V1.30 now looks at *both* launch state and launch switch.

This may mean that when you upgrade to V1.30, launch status may misbehave - depending on how your Syvecs is setup and also on the Toucan version you upgraded from.

This can be sorted by minor changes to the Cal (to make sure launch switch - if used - and launch status are correctly defined in the CAN datastream) and, if needs be, by disabling the launch switch parameter in the CAN stream so it only looks at launch status.

If you need help with this, let me know.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I see you now have CAL control over CANBUS :D
What about TRAC control over CANBUS?

When the car is switched off then back on again, does it stay on the same CAL setting or revert back to a default CAL position (1 for example)?
Toyota Supra BoostLab S366HF - 821 rhhp / 644 ftlbs - Mapped by Ryan
Syvecs S6 with aftermarket DBW setup on Greddy Style Intake manifold.
- SOLD 2017
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Steve wrote:I see you now have CAL control over CANBUS :D
What about TRAC control over CANBUS?
Traction control is not available via CANBUS I'm afraid - if Syvecs introduce this, I will add it. However, if you use CANBUS for CAL control, the original CAL voltage output wire from Toucan changes to become a Traction control signal. If that makes sense?
Steve wrote:When the car is switched off then back on again, does it stay on the same CAL setting or revert back to a default CAL position (1 for example)?
Yes, it remembers the last selected CAL and TC setting and reapplies them at start up :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks Tim.

Currently I do not have any CAL/TRAC switches as all the inputs are used for sensors, DBW etc. I am not quite sure what you mean by the output wire from Toucan for Trac signal......
- SOLD 2017
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

As well as the CAN/RS232 data wires, Toucan has a 0-5V output (on the grey wire) that mimics an analogue CAL switch. Until CAN control of the CAL selection became available, that output was the only way Toucan could change CALs.

Now we can change the CAL via CANBUS, the 0-5V output is free, so I have re-purposed to be driven by a new TC selection screen. This is only activated once you select "CAN CONTROL" via the Toucan menus - otherwise it remains as a 0-5V output drive from the CAL selection menus.

Sounds confusing, I know - sorry!
Steve

Post by Steve »

I see (I think :D), I would still need an input though on the Syvecs to use that though.
- SOLD 2017
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Steve wrote:I see (I think :D), I would still need an input though on the Syvecs to use that though.
Correct :(
Steve

Post by Steve »

So as you mentioned above it would need TRAC to be altered by CANBUS aswell then.........RYAN :D
- SOLD 2017