Toggle between Injector MS. and IDCs

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
Jasper K

Toggle between Injector MS. and IDCs

Post by Jasper K »

It would be nice to have a toggle which can display the Fuelmap in Injector MS. (Already has that now) as well as IDCs. I do it manually now in Excel to have a quick look but it should be a really easy thing to do it in the software.

EG. IDC % = (Inj. MS * RPM) / 1200

Also it would perhaps be nice to be able to tilt the graphs UP and DOWN whereas now it only features LEFT and RIGHT rotation with the < and > buttons.

Cheers,

Jasper Kopinga
CS Racing
Taiwan.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Toggle between Injector MS. and IDCs

Post by pat »

Jasper,

Displaying IDC is far more complicated than you make it out because the ECU is far more flexible than others that have an IDC display option. The base injection time is multiplied by a variety of things, which are both ECU and firmware dependant, and have other things added onto it, which is also ECU and firmware specific. Then, the logical injection pulse may be split into two physical pulses if you're running staged injection, so although your formula may indicate 100%, it may in reality only be 50%. Indeed if you're in sync 360 the IDC at the same point on the map won't be the same as it is in sync 720....

It is not practical for SCal to keep track of every firmware version to know how to display IDC for any given calibration furthermore you cannot know what your IDC is unless the engine is actually running... how do you factor in the battery adder if you don't know what the battery voltage is ? I seriously doubt that other mapping software that purports to show IDC in the fuel map is taking into account these things! As the old saying goes, anything that is worth doing, is worth doing right... and this thing cannot be done right.

With regard to rotating the 3D graphs about another axis, that would indeed be a useful addition, I'll pass it over to the software wizard to see what he thinks :)

Cheers,

Pat.