S6 on a 350Z DE

For Nissan Technical Chat

Sponsored by www.h-dev.co.uk
Mark@Abbey M/S

S6 on a 350Z DE

Post by Mark@Abbey M/S »

Been sorting base map for the S6 on our shop 350Z, getting used to the Software now , everything is well thought out I feel but so much to calibrate but an awesome piece of kit as they say.

Very impressed with the traction control on the S6 far better than the stock Nissan traction control on the 350Z's.

Manage to get 260 hub bhp from our totally stock car which is pretty good , tuning the stock ECU with Uprev software normally we only see around 250ish hub bhp , we do lose the cruise control and a few of the stock Nissan Gauges but I feel the S6 is so much better at everything else it is worth the loss of the cruise.

Tuned the car MAP based 1st but will build a throttle based map in the next week so I can provide a good start map for customers to load without any extra wiring or sensors.

Thanks to Ryan/Pat and Charlie for the help so far.
Jez
Horsham Developments

Re: S6 on a 350Z DE

Post by Jez »

I took my car out for its first proper drive with Syvecs this weekend - went over to Wales with a few mates for a blast about.

All worked well, missed the cruise control though - there's already another thread with someone else requesting it - shouldn't be too hard with DBW throttle and a little extra software on the ECU :)
Mark@Abbey M/S

Post by Mark@Abbey M/S »

Speaking to Ryan I dont think we will see cruise on these ECU's. It is a shame though but I think all the other extra features like proper traction works far out score losing cruise.

Jez , you tuned your car Map or throttle based?
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Post by Charlie »

We are looking at the CC issue chaps, On other cars as well, but the liability issues rather overcome any technical issues!
Mark@Abbey M/S

Post by Mark@Abbey M/S »

Charlie wrote:We are looking at the CC issue chaps, On other cars as well, but the liability issues rather overcome any technical issues!
Charlie that's what Ryan said to me when I asked the question.
Jez
Horsham Developments

Post by Jez »

Mark@Abbey M/S wrote:Jez , you tuned your car Map or throttle based?
I did it on MAP, not tried throttle yet.

What legal problems are there? Surely not much different to the warnings to do with DBW etc?

Sell it as "auto pit lane limiter" - not for road use :D
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Jez wrote:
Mark@Abbey M/S wrote:Jez , you tuned your car Map or throttle based?
I did it on MAP, not tried throttle yet.

What legal problems are there? Surely not much different to the warnings to do with DBW etc?

Sell it as "auto pit lane limiter" - not for road use :D
"adjustable auto pit limiter" :D
Cheers,
Johnny
1995 MR2 GTS V6 Turbo
1998 Supra VVTi TT6