720 sync error starting issues

For Toyota Technical Chat.
absz

720 sync error starting issues

Post by absz »

Hello all

I have a Toyota supra single turbo supra 1994 and have upgraded from a AEM v1 to a Syvecs s6. the unit and base map supplied by TDI South.

I'm trying to start the engine for the first time but it runs for 3 seconds and cuts out, I'm getting Sync 720>0 (CRITICAL CAM ERROR) looking at the sync log it seems that the Crank sensor signal has issues
I believe its a sensor fault? (saying that had no issues when AEM was plugged in previously) also just need a confirmation that the Cam sensor used for the syvecs is the front sensor 1 on intake cam
Attachments
IMG_0782.JPG
IMG_0782.JPG (892.99 KiB) Viewed 17312 times
stevieturbo

Re: 720 sync error starting issues

Post by stevieturbo »

Presumably this has never run correctly ? and is a first build ? ( or at least first use with this ecu ? )

Both the signals look like reasonably strong usable waveforms.

Some of the trigger settings must not be correct. Does it ever go to 720 sync or is it starting in 360 ? The screenshot doesnt show enough, at least click the "show sync lines" box to help give more info if you cannot upload the scope trace.

Is the base map supplied confirmed to be correct for your setup ?
absz

Post by absz »

Hi

Yes this is the first build for this Ecu. Engine starts in 360 then it shows 360>720 followed by 720>0 Critical cam error and engine dies if I keep blipping the throttle I can make engine run but it back fires.

The only correction I done on the base map is for my 5 bar Aem sensor.I have also checked the engine configuration setup from another supra map and its the same trigger settings
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Again, it's very difficult to diagnose this sort of thing without specific info.

Upload the sync log so it can be viewed properly.

A cope of the current calibration too.

A datalog of starting up to and beyond where the cars loses sync would be helpful too, as long as it's recording the relevant trigger/sync info in the log.

But something might be apparent if the cal and synclog can be viewed properly
absz

Post by absz »

Update :

I had another look at the sync logs and base map settings all seemed fine, looking at the sync error it seemed that the error occurred just before engine cut out and I was logging 720 sync long tooth. which after some reading I found can be caused with the engine revs slowing down before it cut out. So I had a play with the fuelling correction global multiplier table unit the engine ran steady with a good idle :( :D

Next mission is to sort the toucan display communication buts that's for another day :)