S6PnP Subaru Impreza Knock Sensor Input

davidmcluckie

S6PnP Subaru Impreza Knock Sensor Input

Post by davidmcluckie »

On the advice of my mapper, I am fitting the two wire Bosch wideband knock sensor. The stock sensor is a single wire and I've followed the colour back to the ECU. I assume this is where I connect the signal wire from the new sensor? Where does the other wire go? I apologise for asking the same question in two places but I just want to be sure, and this is the last thing I need to connect before going for the remap.

The connector furthest to the right has a red/blue wire which I think goes to the knock sensor.

Second question, on the pinout/connector list here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137 I don't even see knock sensor mentioned. Is there a diagram somewhere of the pinouts to the connectors?
Attachments
Image of my ECU
Image of my ECU
MVIMG_20171108_125605.jpg (589.84 KiB) Viewed 15080 times
davidmcluckie

Re: S6PnP Subaru Impreza Knock Sensor Input

Post by davidmcluckie »

http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/Pinouts ... inouts.pdf

That's the one I was looking at, it shows the 5 connector blocks. But unless there are pages missing from the PDF there is no mention of a knock input.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Fair point !! lol

I'd never looked through it before.

That's an OEM pinout showing where it connects to for 01-05. Cant comment on how that relates to the Syvecs and where the 2 dedicated knock wire inputs are on it.
04_STi_ECU pinout.pdf
(358.78 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
davidmcluckie

Post by davidmcluckie »

Courtesy of Tim from JT Innovations:
knock sensor wiring.JPG
knock sensor wiring.JPG (36.95 KiB) Viewed 15057 times
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

CAVEAT EMPTOR...my A/B/C/D/E labelling does NOT MATCH the labelling in the S6PnP pinout section of this forum!
davidmcluckie

Post by davidmcluckie »

I hadn't even noticed. I apologise.

Tims - Syvecs
A = D
B = B
C = C
D = A
E = E

Does anyone at Syvecs have a full PnP pinout with all the populated inputs and outputs? I'd quite like to know where my rats nest of wiring goes as I seem to have a lot of cut and rejoined wires.

Thanks again Tim, after I cut the loom open a bit I found the original knock sensor wire exactly where you said, was easy to spot as the shielding was just sitting there connected to NOTHING. :roll:
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

davidmcluckie wrote:Does anyone at Syvecs have a full PnP pinout with all the populated inputs and outputs? I'd quite like to know where my rats nest of wiring goes as I seem to have a lot of cut and rejoined wires.
Pinout is readily available if you Google it :)
davidmcluckie wrote:Thanks again Tim, after I cut the loom open a bit I found the original knock sensor wire exactly where you said, was easy to spot as the shielding was just sitting there connected to NOTHING. :roll:
Engine-side, it's joined to an earth joint block elsewhere that also serves the MAF, O2 sensor grounds etc. ECU side there should be a connection to the screen (somewhere!) that goes to B22 - not sure if B22 is internally connected to chassis ground or if there's some kind of pseudo-balanced input stage designed for noise rejection.