Yaw or Lat G for FWD traction control

Mark_r33

Yaw or Lat G for FWD traction control

Post by Mark_r33 »

I've been pondering the sensors I'm going to need for my car recently and am looking for some advice on what the best sensor would be for varying the TC slip% on a FWD car?

I know that Yaw is listed as being the recommended sensor, which seems perfect in a RWD application, but I'm not so sure on FWD?

In RWD if you overpower the drive wheels you would generally get increased rotation, hence the use of Yaw, however in a FWD the inverse is generally true, you would reduce rotation rate, so Yaw would then not make sense to me?

With the above in mind I am thinking that Lat G is probably the more useful sensor here?

Thanks in advance for any help
stevieturbo

Re: Yaw or Lat G for FWD traction control

Post by stevieturbo »

Trial...error...

For each and every individual application.
Mark_r33

Post by Mark_r33 »

What do you use with yours?

I'm thinking Lat G currently, but am going to use one of the Bosch sensors that has both Yaw and LAT G in one unit so I can try either.

Be nice to know from some other fwd guys what they have ended up using
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I dont have a Yaw sensor, so it is LatG.

That said, I dont vary it much anyway, and keep a pretty tight reign on traction...for safety reasons.

I may vary it at some events, purely to allow some wheelspin to allow the car to try and slide a little...but only a little ! lol But I need to do a run or two first to see what sort of speeds/loads I'd be doing on any particular corner I felt it might be safe to allow more wheelspin