KnockStaus(U) Missing?

a98pmalcolm

KnockStaus(U) Missing?

Post by a98pmalcolm »

Hey all,

I'm just resetting up my Frame Content in Custom CAN as I downloaded the new datasteam file for my Toucan display and all the settings have gone for my Dash2 Display.

I have done everything except for column 4 row 14 which need to be KnockStatus(U) but its not in the list.

If I load up my current DAT file (before importing the new JTI datastream) its in there but if I try to change it (to see where it is on the list so I can find it for my new file) it says "Warning - Inavalid Calibration Value"

1st pic is my current uploaded file to the ECU.
2nd pic is what I'm currently trying to sort before uploading to Syvecs.

Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: KnockStaus(U) Missing?

Post by Ryan.g »

Would suggest to put your Datastream back to as it was before and then updating the Toucan to match the Can slots. This can be done on the Toucan itself in Settings area

Knock Status parameter is not used anymore. Its replaced with Knock Light in later firmware so can assign Canbus Check lights to flash if knock is present
a98pmalcolm

Re: KnockStaus(U) Missing?

Post by a98pmalcolm »

Thanks for the reply Ryan.

The Toucan has been updated to the latest software at JTI.

There is a yellow limp symbol on the screen, I contacted Tim about it and he said it would be worth uploading the latest "Toucan CANbus Calibration File" to my calibration.

So I thought it would be worth doing. If I use say "Knock Control Active" instead of "KnockStatus" would there be any issues? Or is it not worth doing the last Toucan CANbus?

Thanks