expand logging memory

mapping dabbler

expand logging memory

Post by mapping dabbler »

Any way to add more memory? 1mb is no where near enough for me.
I know,I know log less but dam. Mem is cheap
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: expand logging memory

Post by pavlo »

No, it's built into the processor.

Trim what you log, and the speeds.

I get enough detail on an S6 for my customers that do 20 minute saloon car races to capture everything important with the 1mb. If you want more you can log indefinitely using sdata to your laptop if you're out logging with it for mapping purposes.

If you want on board expansion, you will need to send it to a logger, the GEMs one is very good for this as it's just a logger with a 5 pin connector to give 64mb. http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id=da1-data-logger

Cheers

Paul
mapping dabbler

Cheers Paul. How do you log to pc?
And can sview display live data?
I've also deleted logs in sdata but sview still lists runs! How do I delete those?
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

In sdata go to "Device->Read Streamed Data"

Before we go any further, have you been here:

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 9e482a2b61

If not please read it! Especially the section on datalog triggering.

When you delete data in Sdata.exe you are deleting it from the ECU!

Once you have read your data it's stored on your PC, look at the folder/directory info when you go to load a log file.

You can also set up your data to be stored in dated folders in order to stop you having hundreds of logs in one folder.
mapping dabbler

Yes Paul I've read that and is why I asked as it doesn't say about logging to PC.
Cheers.
Any way sview can show live?
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

No you can't use sview live. You add gauges in Smon if you want to see scrolling lines and no maps/tables.

I'm not sure why you would want to show it live, if you are doing this yourself, on the road, please keep your eyes on the road in front! In order to keep you safe there are things like lean lambda trip, but if you've not got a wired in wideband of some description installed, please proceed directly to Lambda sensor and defintely do not pass go! It's invaluable for doing proper mapping, especially when you're doing it by yourself.

In Scfg, how long does it tell you your logs will be in seconds per mb? I have a feeling you are not logging appropriately.

I also mentioned about the manual, as datalog triggering is important to avoid hundreds of 0.4second long datalogs being generated, and also to stop your logs being overwritten with irrelavent info.

You really really don't want to be logging everything available!
mapping dabbler

im just logging not mapping paul. pat has mapped it already :D
my logging is set to about 2000 secs worth and ive set it to log only above 20% tps just for loaded runs atm.
the basics rpm,map,ign,speed just for taking data to add to videos basically.
ive tried that read/decode streamed data and all it seams to do is download the logs. id expect to see a file gaining in size on the pc if its live data ?
mapping dabbler

Never got the pc to log live
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

The mind boggles at what you're doing that means that 33hours of logging isn't enough!
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Hours or minutes.... :roll: ;) :)