What pins should I use?

scott

What pins should I use?

Post by scott »

I've got an S6 with P&P harness adapter and I'm looking to wire in my wideband sensor but I'm unsure of what pins to buy. Are they just general terminal pins? 20awg I'm assuming would be OK?

TimH
JT Innovations

Re: What pins should I use?

Post by TimH »

Is it a recent loom adapter? If so, it ought to have a 6 pin connector specifically for a wideband. There should have been a A6 laminated card given to you with the information on it.

We do wideband cables ready to plug in to that connector or, if you want to make your own, the connector is a TE/AMP "Val-u-Lok" type. Pinout is the same as the PnP Syvecs ECUs.
scott

Post by scott »

Thanks for that. I don't think it's a new style loom adapter. I got it second hand so I don't have a card to help with the pinouts. It's a couple of years old now (was 4 months old when I bought it) as my build has been going on for a while. I believe Ryan was making them up on demand at the time (for a MKIV Supra).

Will have a look and see if I can pick up the pins I need. Thanks :)
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Scott,

For UEGO Lambda on an S6 you'll need Micro Power Timer pins for the Nernst Cell Voltage (pin 33), Ion Pump (pin 57) and Common (pin 34). For the heater drive you'll need either Micro Power Timer pins if using an AUX/PWM output or Junior Power Timer pins for an INJ output. You cannot use an IGN output directly to drive the lambda heater.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
scott

Post by scott »

pat wrote:Scott,

For UEGO Lambda on an S6 you'll need Micro Power Timer pins for the Nernst Cell Voltage (pin 33), Ion Pump (pin 57) and Common (pin 34). For the heater drive you'll need either Micro Power Timer pins if using an AUX/PWM output or Junior Power Timer pins for an INJ output. You cannot use an IGN output directly to drive the lambda heater.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Cheers for the help Pat. Unfortunately, I don't really know what any of that means. I'm just trying to get the car in a state where I can drive it down for Ryan to do his thing with it lol. He mentioned that I would need some pins to connect the wideband to the ECU in order for it to be safe to limp down for mapping etc.

I have a second wideband sensor, Innovate LC-1, that's running a stand alone gauge. Would it be easier for me to use the analogue output from that until Ryan was able to configure the Syvecs one?

I've also got an oil pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor that need connected, I just don't know where to buy the pins to connect them.

stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

So is it the S6GP main power connector pins you want ?

Any Syvecs dealer should be able to supply, or Tim/Toucan maybe etc

or this should be them.

Junior Power timer ( the larger pins )

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/produc ... ku=1328858

Micro Timer II ( smaller pins )

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/produc ... ku=1772744
scott

Post by scott »

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure.

I bought the recommended wideband sensor from Ryan and he said I would need some pins to wire it into the ecu. I have no idea which pins I require or where to buy them lol. He did mention that he was going to send some out but I thought I would ask the question to see if I could source them myself as this was a couple of weeks ago now. I know he's often all over the shop so didn't want to keep pestering him.

Thanks
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

If all you need is 5 pins to wire in your wideband, you'll need 3 or 4 small pins and one or two large ones for the heater/heater power. PM me an address and I'll send you a few :)

If you only have the lambda, and have no cable made up, or have no mating connector for me, I can help you there too.
scott

Post by scott »

Thanks for your help, I've PM'd you. Pretty sure it's just the pins I need as Ryan sent all the gubbins for the plug at the sensor end :)
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Pins on their way to you :)